◍ XXXIV. One

She was chuckling, the mirthless laughter fading in the air as her lips tilted in a curve but her eyes brimmed with fresh tears as she walked past him, they kept falling down her cheeks and she slapped them away with such a force that Leo clenched...

She was chuckling, the mirthless laughter fading in the air as her lips tilted in a curve but her eyes brimmed with fresh tears as she walked past him, they kept falling down her cheeks and she slapped them away with such a force that Leo clenched his fist in order to not caress her cheeks.

He stood frozen at his place, his legs not moving, glued to the place as he watched her crossing him away towards the water, each step she took he tried to hunch forward, wanting to yank her back to him .

"Stop Aishwarya. Don't Go" He directed towards her but they left unheard. She did not look back at him, not stopping. Her shoulder slumped as water touched her feet.

Her beach gown clenched to her legs as she moved more into the water.

He screamed her name again, pushing his strength all on his feet to move.

"Stop. God Damnit Stop" he yelled cutting the sound of water but never reaching her, not even making her react to the hard biting words.

"For the sake of God, Aish" he begged " Please don't take a step forward, Please"

He felt himself shaking in helplessness, she was almost submerged in water. She was already till her neck and a step more and he'll loose her sight.

"Come back please" He whispered as his knees couldn't take his weight anymore and he slumped on the sand.

He stared at her as a single tear rolled down his cheek and water diminished her sight, taking her all in, leaving nothing but him to shout her name, to call her back, to see him back only if he could.

"Aish.."

"..No!" He jolted awake from his slumber, thrashing himself on the bed as he realized his surrounding. He was on his bed, sweat covering every inch of him, his breathing fast and Heart running miles.

He fetched the jug from his bed side table, filling a glass of water with shaky hands and gulping it down .

"It..It was a Nightmare" he assured himself, glancing at the bed side table. It showed 5 in morning.

"Just 2 hours sleep" He closed his eyes and leaned back on the head board. "And you won't be getting more" he whispered .

Pushing his covers away, he walked towards bathroom.

Leo stared at his reflection in the mirror, his palm reaching his untamed and unshaven beard, he felt the need to trim it, his eyes lifted to their reflection, hazel eyes red rimmed and dark circles pooled below. He grimaced at the sight.

Ignoring his stinging eyes which was a result of tossing and turning whole night to find sleep and the Nightmare, leaving some 2 hours of sleep for him.

H cupped cold water and splashed on his face and repeated the action until he felt his mind regain consciousness, away from daze and the thoughts of certain someone, away from the image they procured of her walking far from him.