Chapter five

It's been a week since I arrived at Blues and finally settled into my room. I was lucky enough to find a room where I wasn't sharing with someone.

So far met a lovely girl who occupies the room next to mine. Her name is June, she's this beautiful petite brown skinned girl. Her dark skin is so smooth I'm actually jealous,nice black hair, she's got perfect boob, tiny waist, amazing hips and nice behind, yes, I did check her out. Turns out we are taking some courses together.  I first met her in the hallway, she happily greeted me and ended up sitting next to her in math class. We had a few other classes together and let's say I've hanging out with her since then. She loves to go jogging in the evening, she has convinced me to join her the last two evenings, I think I might consider doing this long term and of course we carry some precautions like pepper spray and she did some self defense lessons that I'm considering joining but I'm too lazy for that. Let's get used to the jogging first. As for classes I was slowly getting used to my schedule and well it's only the first week so will save judgement towards the end of the semester.
"soooo.... " okay I'm starting to realize that everytime June a conversation like this, it might be something that I might not really like.
"what's up?" I asked.
"there is a party this weekend. It's like a welcoming party for the first years, are you going? "
"oh noo! I'm not, Xander and I will be having our first facetime since we got into college. " she rolled her eyes at me, I told her part of the relationship and she says his an a$$ and his using me. I don't agree of course.
" girl! Can you get a life and stop basing it on a guy who clearly just wants to sleep with you..."
"but... " she held up her finger to shut me up and continued.
"and also keeps leading you on and you are allowing it! Listen, come to the party with me and you can be a fool the day after. You have been checking your phone continuously..."
"I.... " she gave me a look that kept me quiet.
"yes you have. Let's go have fun and you can continue acting like a lost puppy."
I looked down thinking about it and I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"I know we've just met but I want to think this is a start of a great friendship. As your friend, I would like to info you that his not the guy for you but it's your choice. Just don't deprive yourself from getting a full college experience. " this girl was good. I sighed.
" okay, I will come." she jumped in excitement.
"I can't wait to dress you up." wait what!
"wait a minute."
"oh shut up. You're gonna love it." with that she walked out of my room. This is going to be one hell of an interesting friendship, I thought smiling. Just then my phone rand and I rushed to it. I looked at the screen and saw Miguel. I was a little disappointed cause I thought it was my boyfriend.
"hey! " I answered still happy to catch up with my best friend.
"hey! Mya, how are you doing?"
"I'm great!how are you? How's college? "
And that's how I spent my evening, catching up with my best friend.
✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️
It was Friday night, the same night the welcome party is to take place. And if you guessed that I was been used as a doll then you are right, June was pulling my hair in every direction, putting makeup on my face that I only wished I didn't look like a clown. I do apply makeup but not much, my brows were been plucked, gosh my poor skin. She had already picked an outfit.
"all done. Damn! You are one hot mama!" June said way too excited. I walked to the full length mirror and...... I was speechless.

I was completely in love with the look

"June thank you" I said and hugged her.
"no problem. Now stand there and lemme take a cute pic."
She on the other hand was wearing a crop top and jeans but heaven help me this girl could rock anything.

So we took a few more pics and left for the party

So we took a few more pics and left for the party. It was packed when we got there, so much activity happening. I wasn't really a party girl in high school so I might have skipped out on all this. There was a strong scent of alcohol in the house. It was been hosted at one of the frat houses right outside campus. There were people talking or rather attempting to have a conversation but standing way to close to each other, others were dancing, others I can say having sex on the dance floor, there were others making out at different parts of the place. June dragged me straight to the kitchen. At least it wasn't as packed as the other room.
"what are you taking?"
"juice please" I said.
"you don't take alcohol?"
"I do. It's just... "
"okay a beer it is" she grabbed two beers and handed one to me.
"it's okay, we can have a beer, you are in college now. Loosen up."
The night went on and I kept checking my phone. But no message from Xander and it was day three without communication. The few bottles of beer I had were already kicking in, so I went to our chat and sent a cute pic of myself to him. I waited for ten minutes but he didn't respond. We had moved to the huge living room that had been transformed into a dance floor,  June was on the dance floor with some cute guy. They were so close to each other and seemed to be having fun, laughing at whatever they were whispering to each other. I was so jealous and wished that was Xander and I, I wish I could see that look in his eyes.
The guy standing next to me kept trying to flirt but I was not interested. His good looking but my heart is with another. I excused myself and went out back to get  some fresh air. I checked my phone again but still no text from him. So I decided to call him. I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.
"hello" a girl answered from the other side. I pulled the phone away and looked at the number I had dialed, the name Xander was on screen.
"hello who's this?" I heard.
"ummm. Hello can I speak to Xander?"
"his busy. "
"who are you?"
"his girl"

✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️
Hey readers,
Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Sorry for the late reply, was still trying to decide how this story should go on. Please don't forget to comment, vote, share and follow my page.
Love Jean 💕