Chapter twenty-five

We were sitting waiting for our flight to be called. After Miguel left the house, I spoke to Jean. I wanted to know if she thought I was ready to face my family.
Flashback
Jean: I have loved been your therapist since we started but, I think we both know that we are past that. I consider you a friend, more like family. Which is not okay for our professional relationship. I believe in you and I think it's time you started trusting your own decisions. It's okay to make mistakes, that's how we learn.
M: but what if I'm not ready?
Jean: then when will you ever be ready? And how will you know if you don't try?
End of flashback
Hence, sitting here waiting for our flight. I was sitting with aunty Kay, Kayla, and Miguel. I had decided that if I was going to face my family and friends then I needed to tell them everything. And everything entailed tell them what they needed to know as well as introduce Kayla and aunty Kay.
I was feeling every emotion, I was scared that my family would hate me for running away and also reject my daughter and I. I was anxious because I would be seeing HIM and his evil wife. I wanted to believe I was stronger but I didn't need negativity in my life. I was excited to see my family as I had missed them but I was scared. What if they didn't need me anymore.
I looked down when I felt a hand on my leg. I looked up to Miguel.
"it will be just fine." I nodded. I watched him get back to keeping Kayla busy with his phone. It was amazing to see how as soon as he walked in, my daughter had a huge smile and cute giggles were heard. She reached out to him and wobbled towards him. She was a late walker, her speech was also slow due to her slow development during her early stages of life. But now she was growing healthly and seeing her bonding with Miguel was a beautiful thing.
Finally, the flight was called and I knew it would be a long flight.
                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We knocked on the door and waited for someone to open the door. I was so nervous when I heard footsteps approaching the door.
"Mya" Jack said with a look of shock.
"hey" I whispered. I couldn't seem to find my voice. I hugged him for what seemed like a long time and when we pulled apart he quickly opened the door wider.
"please come in. June will be happy to see you. I'm happy to see you."
He led us to the living room where June was sitting on a playing mat with their daughter.
"babe, who was at the door?" she asked as her back was facing the entrance.
I responded. "June." I gently called out to her. She turned her head quickly. She had the same look of shock on her face as Jack did.
She got up with her daughter in her arms and walked towards me slowly. It was as though she was in slow motion or scared that I was just in her imagination. She handed Carla to Jack as she passed him. At this point she had tears running down her face. The moment she reached me, she embraced me in a very tight hug as we both cried. It was a reaction I never expected. I honestly thought she wouldn't give me the time of the day. After what seemed like hours, she pulled away.
"you silly girl. Why didn't you come to me?"
"I'm sorry."
"you better be." it was then she looked behind me. "oh I'm sorry. I didn't pay attention to others. Please come in and have a sit." she of course pulled me to sit next to her. I introduced her to aunty Kay, Kayla or course seemed to be curious about Carla. They were basically months apart, with Kayla been older of course.
"and who's that little cutie?" Jack asked.
I looked from him to June, then responded. "that's my daughter Kayla."
They both looked confused and in shock. It was then I started explaining to them about my pregnancy. At the end of my story, June was in tears. They both asked questions and I answered. They asked us to stay for dinner, which we did. I noticed Jack and Miguel were chatting by the porch, each with a beer. The girls seemed to be playing peacefully as aunty Kay watched over them. June and I were in the kitchen, it was the perfect excuse I know to ask more questions.
"are you going to see your parents?"
"yes. Actually heading there tomorrow."
"so soon? "
"I promise to pass by before heading back home." then I decided to ask. "you guys seem close. I mean Miguel, Jack and you, did he never tell you he had found me?" she smiled.
"he did. Don't be mad at him. The guy was clueless on how to handle things and we just advised how best we thought we could. Without making you run of course. If you are asking because of my reaction, it's because despite knowing you were well, it was like a dream to actually see you and be able to hug you. I mean I consider you as my sister now, it broke my heart when you left."
I felt guilty about all this, I really didn't expect the care and love. Throughout these passed years, I dealt with so much self doubt and thought everyone hated me for causing so much drama in their lives.
"does Xander know?" I knew she was asking about him knowing that he had a daughter.
"no, I couldn't bring myself to it. And I also didn't want my daughter to face rejection. He made a decision to be with his wife. For that I don't want my daughter around them."
"but what if he wants a relationship with her?"
"I honestly don't know. It's not something I spent time thinking about. I don't even know if I even want him around. I'm taking it a day at a time and will face that when the time comes."
We spent the rest of the night catching up and having fun. We later left to rest.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were in a cab on our way to my parents home. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. As usual my daughter didn't leave Miguel's side since she saw him, I would only hold her for a few minutes and she was off. I was glad they were bonding, I just needed a hug from her to give me a bit of strength. As though sensing my discomfort, she reached out for me. I took her and gave her a hug, then took in her sweet baby scent.
The cab came to a stop and I felt like my heart would burst from my chest. I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"you will be fine. We are here for you" Miguel told me.
"let me hold her for you" aunty Kay said while stretching her hands to get Kayla from me. I willing handed her over. We walked to the porch, where we could hear laughter and people chatting. Miguel reached for the door and opened it, just like we used to at each others homes. He put the bags near the door and looked at me.
"are you ready?" I nodded.
We headed to the backyard, where I knew everyone would be. Miguel walked out and waited by the porch for us. I walked out to the kitchen step and just observed everyone. It didn't take me long to notice my parents. With their arms wrapped around each other, laughing and chatting away with the other parents. I could feel the tears in my eyes.
"Mya!" I heard my brother call out, I looked at him briefly then focused on my parents. Just in time for mom to turn around and look at me with shock and disbelief. I saw her eyes fill with tears and them run down her face. Just as I felt arms wrap around me. I knew it was my brother and I hugged him as I kept glancing at mom slowly approaching me.

✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️

Hey readers,
I hope you enjoyed the chapter. What do you think will happen during her stay?
Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow.
Love Jean 💕