Chapter thirty-three

Mya's pov

When the day of the wedding arrived, I was still so confused. So many things were going through my head. So many things were said and May said some things I never knew happened. An example of that was that, after I left Miguel confronted Xander and even put Bailey in her place. His relationship with his cousin died that day from what I hear but Miguel only tolerates Xander because Lexi seems to like him as well. Hearing that their relationship has pretty much been restrained since we all started hanging out, has me wondering how oblivious I've been to things around me. I mean it seems at different points people could see what's going on but I couldn't.
Which brings me back to now. June is officially a wife and she married her best friend! These two have been inseparable since they met. This has just got me so confused because my memories show that they got along pretty well and I always thought they attitude they had towards each other was just playing or boys been boys. And now all that is just putting me in a tight spot.
Having all this in mind, trying to process my feelings and him trying to talk to me through out the whole even is just too much. I know that I have to talk to him at some point but not right now. It breaks my heart looking at him from afar cause he looks sad but I can't right now.
                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has been close to a month since the wedding, things have I can gotten back to normal. Kayla is learning new words and she's making great progress. Her health seems to be doing just fine and she's the highlight of my days.
Aunty Kay is still living with me but she's been acting weird since we got back from our visit home. She's constantly giggling on her phone, when I ask it's just a funny video. There are times when she goes out and when she's back acts like a teen all guilty for telling a lie. I dunno what's going on there and mom won't tell me anything.
Then there is Miguel, he has been coming to see Kayla as often as he can and I've avoided him for some time. But I think I am ready to talk with him now. I've had some time to really think and I think it's time we set things straight. I mean he has been my best friend since we were kids and things should be like this between us. I picked up my phone.
Me: hey ☺
I waited looking at my screen but no reply came. I continued looking at nothing on my phone for ten minutes but nothing came. I got up and put the phone in my pocket and went out to join Kayla and aunty Kay. We were finishing up our meal when someone knocked at the door.
"are you going to hide from that boy again?" she asked me with a disapproving look. She has continuously expressed her disapproval about how I'm handling things and I've told her it's my way.
"no, I'm not"
"it's about time. I will be in the kitchen."

I went to the door and opened it. The moment I opened the door, you could see the shock on his face.
"hey Miguel."
"hey" he said looking anywhere but at me.
"come in" he just entered the house without a second glance. I could hear Kayla's excitement as he entered the living room. She was in his arms as I entered the room. I knew it was their bonding time so I silently went to my room to wait so I could talk to him.
I was on my computer when aunty Kay opened the door and told me Miguel was leaving. I rushed out of the room and found he had already walked out the door. I quickly got outside and called out to him. I walked to him before he could get into the car.
"you were going to go without saying bye"
"ya. Already said bye to the people that matter."
Ouch! I decided to ignore that statement.
"I texted you." he looked at me and I have never seen his face with such a blank expression.
"ya, I saw it."
"Miguel, please don't do this."
"do what Mya?! Do what you do to me?"
"I had so much on my mind... "
"because everyone else doesn't?!"
"please lower your voice." I pleaded with him. This is not how I saw this talk going.
"no Mya! I'm tired! I'm so tired of walking on eggshells around you. I know you have been hurt, don't you think I've been through enough too. I've cleaned up your mess for so long. I've been here giving myself when you can't even see it. Through your pain, I've been patient. I pour of my feelings for you and what do you do? Push me away again. You don't even take a moment to think how that makes me feel. I swear the only reason I'm still here is because of Kayla. But you,  I done. Go back to not talking to me and hiding in your room cause I'm done trying to do right by you."
He turned and got into his car, then drove off. I was still standing by the side walk as his car disappeared. Have I been that inconsiderate towards his feels? What did he mean, he was done? He is my best friend, we've grown up together. I didn't know how to process what just happened. I don't remember how long I stood there looking at the direction he went in but, every car that appeared wasn't his.
I finally got back in the house and found aunty Kay tidying up. She looked up at me.
"Kayla is taking a nap. Come sit down."
I was just so confused, think I was on auto pilot. "you know this was bound to happen. For so long I've told you that it will hurt you if you lose that boy. Don't you dare tell me you have no feelings for him."
I just looked down."you have hurt that man. He has shown you so many times that he won't hurt him but you did over and over. The first time he knew you were actually hiding from him, you could see the hurt and at June's wedding you acted like a damn fool. Running away like a child! Women were throwing themselves at him and poor thing was took hurt by you to even notice. You should have known that he was willing to do anything for you when he started loving your daughter like his. Do you even know the judgement he would get from strangers if someone just said he's in love with his brothers baby mama? People would think the worst of him. And you!  But he chose to still love you. But you my dear child need to let go of the past and see what you are missing. Swallow your damn pride and show that man you want..... No need him by your side because one day Kayla will be a big girl and out of here. You will be that old woman, alone and lost an amazing part of herself to another woman who will love him like you should have." she got up and said she was off to bed. I sat there looking at the TV but have no idea what was there.
Three months later:

We were currently visiting my parents for a few weeks. I had decided to celebrate Kayla's birthday there. I know how my parents wanted to host her a party and spoil. I know it's just an excuse to spoil her.
I was in the kitchen, putting some snacks  on a tray when May and Stephen walked in.
"hey guys"
"hey" they both said.
"you know Miguel is going to show up. Will you be okay?" Stephen asked.
"of course"
"mya.. " May started.
"I'm okay May. And I will be fine. Don't stress."
So Miguel and I haven't really spoken in three months. I have tried to call him, text him but he never responds. He visits Kayla when I'm not around. When I go to his place, he doesn't answer. I guess I am having a taste of my own medicine and it hurts AF! I've tried using aunty Kay to talk to him but she just says it's between us. And that at some point we both need to grow up cause we are both hurting.
I picked up the tray and headed to the dining room where the other food staff was placed. I walked to the living room, Stephen looked at me with worry.
"what?" I asked him smiling. May had the same look as well as June. She and her family had traveled to celebrate and the kids had not seen each other. I looked around the room and spotted two people, my heart dropped. There was Miguel standing with his arm wrapped around a lady.
"everyone lunch is ready." my mom shouted. Everyone headed to the dining and Miguel just gave me a blank expression without saying anything to me. I jumped a bit when I felt a hand on my back.
"are you okay sis."
"ya Stephen. I'm okay. Let's go and eat." I didn't wait for him. I sat down, between my siblings. With luck on my side, he was right opposite me.
"oh hey. Mya right? We've met." Miguel's date said. I forced a smile on my face.
"hey Pat. Yes it is." I looked at Miguel and he was ignoring me completely and focused on his food.
"Miguel, you didn't tell us who she is." I heard his mom say. My eyes were focused on him and he lifted his eyes and locked with mine as he responded.
"mom, this is my girlfriend Patricia but you can call her Pat."
The whole time he said this, his eyes were locked with mine. I backed down from the stare. I guess I know what I'm done means now. I put my folk down.
"excuse me." I said as I walked out the room.

✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️
Hey readers,
Who saw that coming? What are your thoughts on how they are handling things? What do you think will happen next? Is this the end?
Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow.
Love Jean 💕