chapter seventeen

Miguel had said his goodbyes to everyone and they wished him luck. He boarded the plane and sat by his window sit going through his route plan, trying to see if there was a place he hadn't thought of. He told himself, he would be updating it as he discovered new clues. When he put that aside, he went on her social media trying to see if there was any activity but no such luck. All he found where posts from people asking her to atleast let them know that she was okay. He then started reaching out to any other people he could think of, just trying to see if anyone had seeing, spoke or even had a clue where she could have gone. When his flight arrived at his first destination, he took his bags and ordered a taxi. He gave the driver the address and looked at the streets as they drove past. Once he arrived, he walked towards the front door and rang the bell. He heard a faint, I'm coming from inside. The door opened and he heard a loud,  "Miguel!" and he was hugged tightly.
When they pulled apart he greeted the person. "hey June! How are you? "
"I'm okay. Come in please"
He had gotten close to June and her now fiancee Jack. We had kept in touch ever since Mya had left everyone behind. June like everyone who cared and loved her didn't take her decision well.
Once in the house, we sat in the living room catching up.
"you know I want to hate her for just leaving but I understand she needs time. It's been almost a year since she left and I hate that she's not here to see Jack propose and us move in together."
"I know. It's not been the same."
"you know back in college when she spoke about you guys growing up, I always told her that I liked you better than Xander. You sounded like a sweetheart and I told her I wished she could date you instead."
He blushed but before he could answer, the front door opened.
"Babe! I'm home!"
"in the living room!" as soon as she said that, Jack walked in and smiled as soon as he saw me.
"hey man!" he said as he gave me a quick hug as soon as I stood up. He then walked to June and gave her a quick kiss. He then told us he would freshen up real quick and join us.
During supper, we all talked about our moments with Mya and how we missed her.
"I'm sure she's okay. I just wish she could have atleast gone somewhere we could check up on her." June said.
"or even come here" Jack responded.
"I will definitely do my best to find her."
"that's really sweet of you to try to find her" June said as tears quickly started to drop.
"hey, come on babe. She will come back"
"I just wish I could tell her"
"tell her what? The proposal? I'm sure she would be happy."
They looked at each other then June wiped her tears with a smile. Okay?
"actually-" they looked at each other again, this time with smiles then turned to Miguel. "we are pregnant!"
He got up just then excited and hugged them. "OMG! Congrats you guys! " he said and returned to his sit. "how far along are you"
"just found out two days ago and I'm three weeks pregnant. So better find that girl and tell her that her godchild needs her. "
Miguel laughed. "even more reason to find her and bring her back."
After that they continued their meal. While they were relaxing, he handed her the envelope that was left for her. After reading she looked sad and shade a few tears. Jack read the letter too then passed it to Miguel.
"I don't have to read. "
"it's okay. You can read it cause I just want to punch her then tell her I love her and that I wouldn't mock her."
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
Dear June,
I'm sure you have so many questions. I know Jack will be reading this so 'hey Jack. You better have proposed by now or you will be my first target when I return'
Now, you both can say you told me so. That I would get hurt if I continued in a one sided relationship, only I was too blind to see it. I just wish there wasn't too much at stake once I found out. I know you are all wishing I came to you but I couldn't, I needed time to myself.
I don't know how long I will be gone for but please don't be mad at me. Apart from Miguel, you two are literally the closest people to me. Well other than family. Take care of each other and I love you both.
P.S: maybe I am living my best life right now.lol. I might just visit all the places I've always wanted to go.
Love Mya.
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
"what places?" Miguel asked. "I have a few on my list but if there others I don't know about let me know."
He pulled out his route plan and the discussed any other places they could think of.
The next morning, he started out his actual journey to find her. First he would start with a grandmother of hers, she always spoke about but due to distance. They hardly saw each other.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was officially two months into his search and he had no luck whatsoever, in her whereabouts. In each city he visited, he went to the hospitals, asked random people, looked for her in places he never could have imagined her going.
One of his worst fears was, with the increased rates of missing people, most ending up dead, trafficked or he just couldn't imagine worst scenarioes. He knew he could bare taking such news back home.
And like his boss told him. He kept working in different cities. Even expanding the company business in other places.
He continued looking at her social media hoping she could mess up just once.

Months had passed by, and his time to search for her was coming to an end. During all this he had continued updating the families. They had been also helping in looking for her, through social media and whenever any of them traveled, they also used it as an opportunity to look for her.

He's time had finally come to an end. Making it close to two years since she went missing and with a heavy heart, he returned home.
The night he returned, all three pairs of parents had decided to have a huge dinner celebration to appreciate what effort he had put up and also his safe return. They knew how amazing it was to travel around but also the dangers one could face in a foreign land. After he had freshened up and joined them. They all chatted happily except for one sour face. Bailey. She kept whispering to Xander how she didn't want to be here.
"then go! " Miguel had enough as he was opposite her.
"fine. I didn't want to be here. Xander let's go" everyone looked at him.
"no Bailey. I want to be with my family tonight " she looked at him annoyed and shocked
"fine!you are sleeping on the couch today! "
Xander just nodded defeated. She always made a scene around family. She walked out without looking.
Someone whispered loudly she knows she's left her kid right.
Miguel just stared at Xander with pity.
After dinner, they all gathered around as Miguel told the stories about his search. Once done everyone just mingled. He noticed Summer carrying a beautiful little girl in her hands who was crying. She walked towards Xander and handed the girl to him. He walked to another room with her.
"he is literally raising that child alone."
Miguel's mom said standing next to him. He looked at her then in the direction Xander had gone to. "her mother doesn't have time for her or him. Unless she wants money."
"why hasn't he left her?"
"he thinks it's best for his daughter to have both parents." he saw Xander walk towards them with the child clinging to him as she had calmed down.
"hey Miguel"
"I will leave you two" his mother said and left.
"I know we are still rocky but I wanted to come and introduce you to your niece Katie." as though she understood what was been said raised her head from her fathers shoulder and looked at Miguel. She studied him for a while the slightly turn and lifted her hands as though asking him to carry her. This shocked Miguel as he looked at the girl then Xander who nodded.
Miguel carried her and she then looked at him before dropping her head on his shoulder and began to doze off. Miguel kept his eyes on her the whole time. He only looked up when he heard Xander speak. "I guess she likes you. She hardly accepts just anyone to carry her."

It had been four months since his return, things had gone back to normal. He returned to work and was promoted to manager as some of the places he had introduced the business were making huge profits. He was to actually move to one of the cities to run the branch there.
He had traveled with some of his colleagues that were suppose to help train the employees in the city. He was to train them then head back to prepare for his official move there. After a long day of training, he had decided to stop by a pastry shop he had noticed near his hotel. The aroma there was always inviting and the coffee smelt amazing. He was craving cake and decided to try out some there. After getting his food and coffee, he looked around and couldn't find an empty table. He however, saw a table with one person sitting on it, with the chair opposite free.  He walked up to the table and politely asked. "is this sit taken, ma'am"
"no you can-"that voice! She looked up before she could complete her sentence and froze.
"Mya?"
✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️
Hey readers,
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Guess he found her. Where has she been? Tell me your thoughts...
Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow.
Love Jean 💕