Chapter thirty

Its been a month now since we left my parents place. Things have somewhat gone back to normal. Aunty Kay seems happy alot and is constantly on phone. I don't know who she's been talking to but she's definitely acting like a love struck teen. I've tried asking mom about it but she just brushes it off, those two have definitely gotten closer. I may not know what they are hiding but, I love seeing aunty this happy. My relationship with my siblings has gotten better that's for sure, we talk alot on phone and video call each other. May found a job on the other side of town and had to move cause the distance and time it took to get to work from home. She says she will be doing weekends home as much as she can.
Stephen is officially in college now and I couldn't be prouder. He's college is not too far from me so I guess I will be seeing him alot.
I've been helping out with June's wedding as they finally set a date. It's going to be in about three months, with me as maid of honor, her sister as bridesmaid. Miguel was chosen the best man as he and Jack got really close while I was away and one of his cousins as the other groomsman. So far things are on track, we have a wedding planner and it's not going to be a big wedding. We, ladies are planning on meeting this weekend to make some more decisions as to help the bride with the pressure. She's still calm but I know she will be dramatic towards the wedding, like most brides anyway.
Miguel officially moved to my town about a week ago. We are suppose to meet for coffee cause things have been weird between us. I've had so many thoughts going through my head. And with Kayla getting to a point of calling him dada only made things hard for me. I knew that whatever happened from here someone was going to get hurt and that's for sure. And I really didn't want that for anyone.
I arrived at the cafe and saw him sitting at one of the tables outside. It was a beautiful day for the outdoors. I approached him and give him a small smile as I sat.
"hey"
"hey. How are you?"
"I'm doing great and you?"
"I'm okay. "
We were silent for a bit and a pretty lady walked up to our table with a huge smile on her face. I recognized her as one of the girls who worked here but I couldn't remember her name. She reached out table and seemed really happy to see one of us atleast.
"hey!" she said delightful as she reached our table.
Miguel looked up at her and smiled. "hey Pat! I see you are working again today."
"ya. Had to get an extra shift. But you left without saying bye last time."
Mmmm, do these two know each other? I just kept quiet, looking at the interaction between them and for the best of me, I couldn't tell if they were flirting or not. I mean it's Miguel but I mean he's a guy and...
"oh ya! I had to rush back to work."
"that's okay" she said and gently touched his arm. I followed the movement and left my eyes were her hand was until I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up and saw him studying me closely. I looked up at Pat and gave a forced smile.
"hey. Can I have one cuppichino with chocolate pancakes as well as a slice of death by chocolate."
"of course." she turned to Miguel and smiled. " the usual?"
I looked away but heard him agree. Usual? Is it that he came here alot now or maybe...
"we talked when I came here. Usually come here now during lunch breaks."
Sure! One week and he's too friendly. Wait! Why the hell am I acting like his girlfriend.
"you don't have to explain anything to me."
"look Mya. I know you've been avoiding me. And I damn well know that the kiss we shared is part of it."
I looked up at him. "you kissed me" I said childishly cause I didn't know what to say.
"and you didn't kiss me back?" I just blushed and looked down.
"hey, about Kayla calling you dada."
"Mya" we were interapted by our food and once we were alone again, he continued. "I know I'm not her biological father. You and I have been best friends for the longest time. I also happen to have fallen in love with the little girl. She can call me whatever she wants and I will always love her. For some reason, she makes me whole and hearing that melted my heart."
I was absolutely speechless, I didn't think he would say that at all. Like, who does that?
"I know you keep trying to run away from us talking about the fact that we kissed."
"Miguel... "
"no let me finish." I nodded.
"I know you are trying to run away from the whole been with someone. I will just say it out. I enjoyed the kiss and I like you. I won't force you to do anything and when you are ready I would like us to talk about it. It doesn't have to be awkward between us. If you don't like me then I'm always your best friend."
"I dunno how I feel. "
"it's okay. Just try and we can go from there."
"okay."
We basically talked about everything else after that and he told me that he was looking for a place maybe closer to work but maybe closer to mine also so that he could come and see Kayla often.
                  🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼
We had just finished finalizing some of the wedding details with June and her sister. We decided to have a girls day out to catch up on everything. May had traveled too so that we could spend sometime too. Jack was back home with the kids and a cousin of his who was in town for a few days.
"so how's Miguel?" June asked moving her eyebrows up and down with a sly smile on her face.
"he's okay" I decided to answer without to much.
"okay. Can we please talk about the kiss I saw?" I turned my head quickly towards May.
"May!" I said at the same time June and her sister asked together. "what kiss?"
"oh I walked in on them lip locked in the kitchen"
"May! Stop it!"
"what I want to know what that was about."
I decided to ignore.
"oh no!" I looked at June who said it. "start talking missy! What kiss?"
I decided to come clean. And told them how he kissed me.
"and was that the only time."
"no we kissed once before."
"Mya. Do you have feelings for him?" May asked.
I took a deep breath. "I dunno"
"what do you feel?" June's sister asked.
"honestly I dunno. I'm so confused and scared. I mean for so long I thought I was in love with Xander and was so blinded by what I thought he felt for me."
"oh please! Even a blind bat could sense that he had no feelings for you." June said and flipped her hair to the side.
"June!" her sister said.
"what?"
"you can't say that."
"listen,Mya. I think I can safely say you are now like a sister to me. Which makes all of us family but the most important thing is that we love you and we all make mistakes. I'm sure all of us could tell that you were the driving force of that relationship and you did all the work. You invested everything while he gave nothing. Now that's your lesson as we all have that one story that makes us feel stupid but guess what we learn. Xander never loved you and didn't deserve you at all. The only good thing that came out of that was Kayla. Which if you ask me, I wish Miguel could be the father. I grew close to him when you ran away and so did Jack. We can safely say his a good good friend. He is an amazing guy with a pure heart. I think that's rare to find. I dunno what's getting you scared to open up again to love but I think you should open your heart. If it's Miguel, go for him. But that man likes you. He was lost when he came looking for you and it weighed him down. So if you have feelings for him, give it a try and if not set him free and be the best friends you've always been." I looked at the others nodding.
"and honestly, even when you were growing up, we all saw how he looked at you but your eyes were on someone else."
"honey" June's sister touched my hand. "what's really scaring you?"
"the fact that it could be a game to him. I'm scared to open my heart again, what if it gets broken again? What if he uses me as bait to win a fight with Xander cause they seem to be at each others throats all the time. How will everyone take it? I mean they are cousins. And then there is Kayla. Who could get hurt the most. I'm already trying to decide if Lexi and her can have a relationship. Damn! I don't even know if Xander can have one with her or not. I'm just so confused."
"honey, all I'm going to say to you is this. And I'm sure some of the things you have heard already. No one knows which way things will take but all we can do is choose what we feel is best for us. Kayla is your daughter and you are doing a wonderful job with her. If you let her have a relationship with Xander is upto you and in future upto the both of them. With that just consider what will be best for your peace of mind. There are options if you let them have a bond. You can drop Kayla with your parents or his and he sees her from there without contact with you. Back home, he can talk to her through aunty Kay and not you. If he decides he wants to help out financially, you can set up something where he can directly send money and still communicate through other channels. Or you can take the path of you don't want the connection until Kayla is old enough to make her own decisions. At the end of the day, you think of you too. With your lovelife, you are still young. Date, go on dates, it doesn't always lead to a relationship but keep your options open. From what I hear, Miguel  seems to have feelings for you. If you like him too, go for it. F**k what society will say. You keep saying the negative what it's but, what if he's your the one? Don't keep pushing him away as he is human and one day it will be enough for him."
"and you might not like seeing him in the arms of another woman." May finished off.

✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️
Hey lovies,
I so sorry for going quite, so much has been happening. And also had to travel, and couldn't find time to write.
How do we think things will end up for these two? Does Mya like him? Tell me your thoughts.
Don't forget to comment, vote, share, and follow.
Love Jean 💕