chapter sixteen

Double update!!!!
Thought I would give you guys a treat since I've been behind on updating. Enjoy!!
✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️

Miguel had to break the news to his family. He knew that if he waited for too long he would definitely back down and couldn't once he told the parents. What May had said somewhat shocked him but was also happy that she believed in him. They had stayed longer outside just talking and remembering old days growing up. After sometime outside, they decided to go back to the rest of them. Once there, May gave him an encouraging hand on his shoulder despite their height difference.  He managed to get the attention of all the parents and asked if could have a word with them in the home office. His mother was first to speak once they all settled.
"Miguel, is everything okay?"
"yes mom. Everything is okay."
"okay but, why did you ask us all here?"she asked looking worried.
"please hear me out before any of you can say anything." he looked at each one of them. "please"
Once they gave him the go ahead, he spoke.
"I have decided to go and look for Mya. I know it's sudden but, we have all learnt something from all that has happened this year. It's almost a year since she left and I'm sure she needed the time to heal and find herself. I just think she needs her loved ones to complete that process. What Xander did was a d**k move-"
"Miguel!" his mom said disapprovingly while his dad burst out laughing at his sons choice of word.
"sorry mom but it's true. No offense auntie" Xander's mom just gave him a smile. "as I was saying. She needs us all. So what I am asking for is a blessing from you all to allow me to go."
"not that you are going to listen if we said no, you have our blessing." his father said and the others nodded. After they all spoke to him, they all began to exit the room. Mya's mother asked him to stay back.
"what you have decided to do means alot to all of us. I'm very humbled and thankful, I just hope you are not been pressured to do so"
"no auntie. It's something I want to do. I may have had some help to have some courage to decide to go but there is nothing else I would love more than to bring her back home. "
"and work?"
"I am at a point that I can take some leave and also accumulated enough free days that I could even go for close to a year. Moreover I can work on paper work online. I will put in notice tomorrow."
"okay then." she pulled a drawer and pulled out a envelope. "I'm sure I have an idea where your first place to search is, so give her this" I took the envelope and put in my pocket.

The next week was spent packing and making sure he was up to date at work. His boss had been so kind to give him upto close to a year to search for her. He was to however come in at random times or to attend to some business in some other towns but he would also do some weekly reports with his coworkers filling in for him. He was lucky cause he had never taken a day off, called in sick or even taken leave since he started working. He was also always on time and very hardworking, his boss was only happy to help out. And the work sessions in between would help out with giving him a small salary from time to time. Once work was taken care of he also focused on trying to create a strategic plan on where to start from upto coming back home.
One day he was at home with his parents, when there was a knock heard. His father got up to see who was at the door. He came in, telling him someone wanted to see him. He got up and followed his father outside and was shocked to see who was at the door looking tired and abit lost.
"what do you want?" his father put his hand on his shoulder to calm him down.
"now,now. I asked him to come."
Miguel quickly turned his head towards his father. "why? " he asked confused.
"it is time you two had a talk. " he looked at the other person. "Xander and you will have a talk and I want you both to talk like matured men and not boys." his father turned around and left them both on the porch.
"follow me" Miguel said after they stood there awkwardly for a while. He started walking to the nearby park for some privacy. Once there he found a random empty bench, where they sat but none of them spoke.
After what seemed like forever, Xander spoke first. "I'm told you are going to look for her."
"ya I am."
"look man, I'm sorry" this just angered Miguel. He stood up to face Xander.
"sorry?! You broke her man! She was your bestfriend! Didn't that mean anything!" Xander stood up too and shouted back.
"I was never her best friend!i was always the outsider, you were her bestfriend not me!" Miguel looked at him with an annoyed look and sat down in a huff. Xander sat too"it was you and her but I swear I loved her"
"really?" Miguel asked and looked with so much sarcasm.
"I did. I do but I was never in love with her."
"then why did you lead her on for so long. You didn't even have the decency to even break up with her. You just broke her."
"I can never say how sorry I am for that. At first I was just jealous that you guys had things in common and this amazing bond. Then I knew about her crush on me and at the time I was so happy to take something from you. I mean you were the golden boy, good grades, everyone's favorite child growing up. And when she had a crush, I just wanted that. Then I met Bailey and got close to her. She liked me and hated that Mya liked me. She hanged out with the cool kids, I started to like her more. But she asked me to reveal things about Mya and I did cause I wanted to fit in with her and the cool kids. After some time she asked me to make Mya fall for me and she would date me. I did. " Miguel stood up and ready to leave , Xander stood up again. "please, don't do." Miguel turned around and punched him to the ground. As he shook it off "I needed that"
"I deserve that" Xander said as he picked himself off the ground and sat back on the bench.
After some silence, Miguel asked him to continue. This had been one of the hardest things he had to listen to in his life.
"I made her fall for me and that got me dates with Bailey. Once in college,Bailey asked me to take it up and just sleep with her then dump her. I knew that one was wrong and even after we has sex, I didn't have the heart to breakup with her. So I dragged on sometime."
"dragged on? You f**king kept it on for years and got her pregnant?!"
"I didn't mean to."
"Are you stupid?! What do you mean, you didn't mean to?! When you were getting pierced cooking stick wet and stirring in someone's pot raw, you didn't know what could happen?! Or you skipped that biology class! Oh wait! That was your favorite topic." Xander looked ashamed.
"I deserve that one. And I just didn't mean to bro."
"first you should have wrapped it then and two don't call me bro."
"I'm sorry and you are right I should have used protection."
"damn right! I mean you were risking her. Your narccist of a girlfriend could have been f**king others raw too. And your damn a$$ still married Jezebel herself." he gave a tonting laugh. Xander had no come back for that but only continued.
"anyway, I was in deep and I just don't know what the plan was to tell Mya but I still hurt her. I knew I loved Bailey. I love her."
"then God help your doomed soul for marrying Satan herself. I don't care if she is your wife but I told you to end it when we were in high school. That's your funeral but most of all bless the child on the way."
"will you ever forgive me?"
"I don't know. I keep trying to but you keep f**king up each time. With Jezebel you married, I just hope you can still be normal cause you look like she is sucking the life out of you. My advice to you is, when the child is born. Get the child and keep it away from her. Or I atleast pray she's a better than she is a person." he stood up and started walking away.
"it's a she." he turned around confused"the baby is a she"
"then protect her and teach her to be nothing like her mother" he was about to to walk away.
"Miguel?" he turned around again.
"tell her I'm sorry and I am sorry too" he just nodded and walked away.
That was so much to take in and he hoped one day he could forgive him one day.
It was time to bring her back to the family.
✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️
Hey readers, 
I hope you enjoyed the chapter. What do you think of the talk? Is he really sorry? And  what's going to happen on the journey?
Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow.
Love Jean 💕