chapter thirty-nine

I could feel the sun gently shining on my face.  It's morning or someone has the light on.

I slowly started to open my eyes and the moment they were open, I saw a beautiful sight. One could actually get used to waking up like this.

Miguel was laying on his side, looking at me and the moment I opened my eyes, I saw his eyes light up and a smile on his face.

"good morning beautiful" he said with his smile and leaned down to kiss me.

"good morning" I said and hid my face on the pillow.

"hey! Don't go acting shy after what we did last night." he said laughing.

I tried to give him an angry look but this caused him to laugh harder and it didn't take long for me to join him. When the laughter had stopped and left us smiling at each other, he moved closer and wrapped his arms around me. I began tracing his lips and was fully aware that we were both nude under the covers. I was also aware that someone down there was awake and just the thought was getting me excited.

"do you regret what happened last night?" he asked.

I looked into his eyes and answered,  "I don't. It was the best night but I'm scared Miguel."

"why are you scared?"
Okay, we needed to get dressed.

"can we get dressed first." I tried to move away but he held on tightly.

"no, I don't plan on talking for long. We are only clearing out the confusion and I'm going to take again. Don't give me that look, I have some catching up to do. Now, why are you scared?"

"I have held back for so long and I'm scared that maybe you just want to prove if we can be together or not. Then there is Pat, I don't know what happened between you two and I hope we are not rushing this."

He leans in for a kiss and when he slightly moves away, he says. 
"Mya, I would never hurt you on purpose. And I want us to be together. I mean I'm not going anywhere. As for Pat, I shouldn't have hurt her too. She's an amazing lady but she was never MY woman. I think we both knew that my heart was else where but hoped that we could last. I'm just sad that it took hurting someone and I do hope that she can find someone who will give her everything and be everything she wants. What I do know is I'm in this for the long run and I hope with time you will believe it too"

I stared into his eyes and what I saw was that he was telling the truth. "I believe you. "

"Good. Now enough with the talking."

He leaned down and kissed me. We proceeded to have a passionate morning. We took a shower and headed home. We also stopped for some food on our way.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

It's been three months since the wedding, everyone was excited that we were together now. For the rest of the stay, we spent as much time together as we could. He is still amazing with Kayla.

I got a chance to really catch up with Xander. He seems to be doing better and says he had hoped that Bailey would return but now doesn't need her. He is focusing more on his relationship with his daughters.

His relationship with Miguel is still rocky but I can say that they are getting there. I can't say that the one between us is the best but atleast it's not hostile.

The family seems to be getting along just fine. Kayla and Lexi seem to be getting along as well. I started to allow Kayla to spend weekends with Lexi and Xander. One thing that has not changed is her calling Miguel dada.

Aunty Kay moved to my home town to live with her husband. It was a bittersweet moment for me and a huge change for Kayla. I had to of course hire some help. But I was happy for her. She has become even closer to mom and the other parents.

Two years later :

I was sitting by the porch in the backyard of my house, watching  Miguel playing with Kayla.

"dada higher! " her sweet little laughter filled the air, just as he threw her in the air and caught her.

"okay, one more time and it's time to go inside baby girl." he threw her again and caught her.

They were talking and giggling as they headed towards me. These past two years have been amazing and their relationship has grown.

Miguel and I are actually moving in together by next week. We found a bigger place, with more bedrooms and larger backyard.

"baby are you okay?" he asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled at them.

"ya I'm okay" I smiled as he leaned down to kiss me.

"princess go and tell aunty to give you some cookies,then you can watch TV." he put Kayla down and she ran into the house to tell the aunty what she was told. The called the lady sweet lady I hired aunty. She's been with us for 2 years now.

He pulled me up and sat down then pulled me to his lap.
"what's wrong?"

He hummed in pleasure as I ran my hands in his hair. "I was just thinking about how perfect things have been. And to think we almost gave up on each other."

"baby, all that matters is that we are together. I love you"

"I love you too. You complete me my love."

We leaned in and kissed. A kiss to acknowledge that we belonged together and a promise to each other.

✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️

Hey readers,
They are finally together and happy. It has been a long journey for these two.
It has been an amazing journey for me and I want to thank everyone for supporting me by reading. We are near the end of the book.
Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow.
Love Jean 💕