Chapter twenty-nine

Our stay was coming to an end and I can say that I was glad that I came to fix things with my family. During my stay, I've had the chance to bond with them again. It also gave me a chance to create new memories with them.
On separate occasions, I had a long awaited talk with Xander's parents about Kayla and told them the same thing I told Xander. I was not ready to allow him into our lives which they understood. Uncle went on to say that Kayla will always be their grandchild because even if someone else would have been the father, they considered me a daughter. He also told me that just like them, they were learning on how they thought the whole thing was to be handled. They wanted both Xander and I happy with ourselves and that was our path to learn from. That talk did give me enough to think about and I know that with time I will be able to know what I want to do. For now I choose to think about my well-being and that of my daughter. I know it won't be easy but that's life right.
On the other hand, a new family member was accepted. Aunty Kay got along with everyone, I even noticed she took a major liking to Stephen. It could be that she just liked him or he reminded her of her family. Either way, I'm glad she fit in perfectly and it's like she has always been a part of us. She seems to like the town and she and the other parents have  been going out and bonding. That makes me really happy.
I haven't had time to really talk to Miguel cause he had to leave town for work. Which was somehow a relief because I still couldn't process what he was upto. Everytime I tried to process or even think of analyzing it, my mind just went in all directions.
Today was a good day to go out and we all decided to have fun outside. I was sitting by the bench watching Stephen playing with Kayla and Lexi. At first, I was reluctant but they are just babies who don't know anything. They seemed to be getting along and these few times I've seen them together. Usually when Xander's parents are babysitting her. I don't know if it's just me or I'm really noticing that when Lexi speaks her little words, Kayla tries to say them too. I was enjoying my slushy, looking at everyone having fun.
"what are you thinking about?" I looked at who came to sit next to me.
"hey dad" I looked back to where Kayla was. "nothing just glad I came back"
"I'm glad you did too. I know we've had many talks since you came. I just want to remind you that you don't have to run away. It broke my heart and me as a father to know my children couldn't come to me. I'm still proud of what you have been able to achieve as well as who you are becoming. I know you are beating yourself up about Xander and Kayla. I will stand by you no matter what."
"but?" I gave him a look saying i-know-there-is-more-to-say.
He took a deep breath and continued, "if I was in your shoes I know I would be hitting him with a shoe in the head everytime I saw him" I laughed out loud "dad!"
"seriously!give him a few slaps of sense."
"I'm sure you would" I continued laughing as in my head a picture of dad with long hair acting girly chasing Xander with a shoe kept popping up.
"seriously Mya. I know so many people will have an opinion on what you should do and it will never be received positively all the time. If you decided to let him have a relationship with Kayla that's okay. He did father her, if he wants to be her dad is up to him. You accepting it is noble or can be stupid. If you stopped him and kept them apart, others will support you but also blame you if Kayla went a different path with that decision. On that part, all I'm saying is pick a path you feel is right because you can never predict the outcome fully. If you choose to kick him aside fine and if you let him be a part of her life, it doesn't mean he is fully a part of yours. You can learn to be civil or look at other options to be around each other. What makes it harder is the fact that Lexi is part of it. They can be amazing siblings or be apart. Just don't stop them if they grow wanting to be around each other. They both didn't choose. Just remember that what you choose is not what everyone might want but is it something you can stand by?"
I looked at him and knew those words will keep me busy for some time. "now get up and have some fun, that's why we came here."

We stayed out till late noon and we all just decided to have one big BBQ  in the evening. It was pretty chilled, with a calm relaxed atmosphere. Xander was around today and I was thankful he was keeping his distance because I wasn't ready for any drama. I was holding Kayla in my arms, feeding her when she started bouncing on my lap and giggling.
"da-da" I heard her say.
"oh my gosh!" I said pretty shocked.
And she said it again while stretching her arms behind me. I turned and my heart dropped when I saw Xander standing there with a shocked look. As well as trying to weigh my reaction but Kayla continued saying it and extending her arms. Just then in walked another person. She stretched to him and said it again. I stared at him as he looked at me while holding her. My eyes were glued to Miguel as he held her and my mind just went blank.
✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️
Hey readers,
So Kayla is talking! And da is her first world. What will happen next? The story is heading towards the end in a few chapters and I hope you all are having fun.
Don't forget to vote, comment, share,  and follow.
Love Jean 💕