chapter ten

"Mya" I saw his lips move but I had no idea whether he said it out loud or his lips just moved

"Mya" I saw his lips move but I had no idea whether he said it out loud or his lips just moved. My parents were already congratulating the couple and I stood still to my spot. I turned around and rushed to the bathroom. It felt like the world was closing in on me and the oxygen was been squeezed out of my lungs. I quickly closed the door and locked it as I sank to the floor. So many things running through my mind.
"it's you an I babe"
"you have to trust me"
"I will tell them when the time is right"
ALL LIES!
ifelt like someone was pressing on my heart and breaking it to a million pieces.
"his not for you"
"he doesn't love you! Can't you see that!"
"his playing you!"
"you deserve better"
They knew! They could see and I was the fool that chose to follow her heart. I gave it to him and he just spat in my face.
"Mya" I heard someone softly say and gently knock at the door.  I quickly got up and flashed the toilet then opened the tap while looking at the girl staring back at me. She looked like me but looked sad, lost, confused and broken. How was I going to act around the parents? I finished up and found Miguel leaning on the wall opposite the door.
"mya"
"did you know?" in my head I was asking if he knew I was boo-boo the fool. Did he know this would be the outcome?
I stood up straight. "no! I would never do that" he said looking at me with a little hurt. As I continued looking at him, his expression changed to pity, and he made a step closer to me but I stopped him.
"please don't. Lemme just get through all this then I can think about this after." his eyes held mine,searching then after sometime he nodded and walked out with me.
"I'm here. If you want to go somewhere just let me know and we are out, okay?" I looked up at him and nodded. I turned to see if anyone else could see through me. I spotted two guilty faces, Summer and May. I kept my eyes on them and knew right away that they knew.
I'm last talk with May came to mind. "he doesn't love you!dont you see that!"
Do I blame myself? Or should she have just told me?
I heard a glass click, getting everyone's attention. The bride to be was the one trying to get the attention.
"hey everyone. I would like to thank everyone here for the party and the lovely surprise from my baby Xander" she pulled him close and her eyes found mine,giving me a smirk. I felt Miguel hold my hand. I briefly looked at him then drew my attention back to her. "since we are sharing some good news. I have some to share. I'm pregnant!" there was another series of claps.
"I need a drink alone" I didn't wait for a reply. Just walked off to get a drink. I got to the kitchen and opted for a glass of water.
"Mya" I heard May call out to me. I turned and saw the two best friends, I looked between them.
"did you both know?" both their faces told me they knew. I nodded. "did you know it was Bailey?"
"Mya"
"did.you.know.it.was.Bailey?"
They both knew. I laughed so hard.
"wow! Just great." I started walking away.
"Mya just listen."
"not now." I walked away to just get some air at the front of the house since the back was taken.
"Mya" oh for f$$$sake! What's with everyone calling my name.
"what!"
"please"
"please? Please?! Are you serious?! So when are you ready to tell them huh!" I waited."can't talk?! Huh! What happened to trusting you! "
"lemme explain"
"not now! Go to your pregnant bride!"
"I didn't know" is he serious?
"didn't know what? She was pregnant? You were going to propose? I would be here? I would find out?"
He walked up to and tried to pull me into a hug, I began fighting back.
"let her go." he did, there stood Miguel. "let her go. You've done enough." he walked to us and took my hand. "let's go"
"I just want to talk to her" Miguel turned and walked the short distance to where he was. "I warned you years ago that you should get go. You lied to my face and said you were serious. Look at her! " he pointed at me. "I'm taking her out of here." I had never seen him this mad in my life. He came back and grabbed my hand. He took me to his car and drove off. I was glad he didn't try to talk.
"I came to make it up to you"
"babe, we are taking it at our own pace."
"are you not the one who wet the bed till you were 13"
The car slowed down at one of the secluded spots near a lake. I looked at Miguel. "take your time." I got out of the car and walked towards a bench that faced the lake. I looked back at the car and saw him give me a small nod and smile.  I turned back facing the lake and sat on the bench. It felt like the wall had come crashing down, the world became smaller and I couldn't breathe. I just broke down and finally let the tears out. I wanted to scream, I couldn't find my voice. I wanted to pull in that oxygen into my lungs but it felt like someone was kneeing on my chest and blocking the air. My mind was on overdrive with all the images, all the words, all the lies. I felt it coming,  I screamed so loud I felt the strength leave my body. I felt the ground, the grass touch my skin, I cried. Cried as hard as I could. I felt arms lift me up and carry me. I was carried to the back sit of the car where I cried my eyes out in his arms. I don't know how long I cried for but he held me the whole time and kept whispering how he was there for me and I will be okay. I finally started to calm down.
"you must think I'm a fool." he pulled away and looked at me.
"why would you say that?"
"you all warned me but I didn't listen and now, I guess the jokes on me"
"hey, hey,hey.look at me. We all make mistakes and see good in people that doesn't make you a fool. You will get through this. I'm here and will be by your side all the way. Okay?"
"okay" I remembered I didn't tell my parents I was leaving. "I need to tell mom I left."
"I already did."
We stayed for some time as I broke down a number of times. When I felt calm enough to head home, I asked him to drop me off.
"are you sure you will be okay?"
"ya, I will. Probably just going to bed straight away."
"call me anytime I will come or we can just talk."
After saying our byes, I got into the house that was quiet. So I just rushed to my room and got ready for bed. My phone buzzed.
Xander: I'm sorry please let me explain.
Me: what can you possibly want to explain.
Xander: everything. Please let me explain.
Before I could respond, someone knocked at my door and came in before I could answer. I looked up and saw May and Summer.
"Mya can we talk?" Summer said. I don't respond just continued to look at them. May spoke next.
"I'm sorry for what has happened. I... We can't imagine how you feel but we are here if you need to talk." I still didn't respond. I was so mad and was already tired from traveling plus crying.
"mya say something."
"say what mmmm" they just looked down."how long? " these two knew all along.
"you know it's funny how you both knew I guess but couldn't tell me."
"I tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen."
I laughed abit. "you told me? You just told me he never loved me when he told me it's him and I. You both watched me as I made a fool of myself. You could have I dunno just said his dating Bailey. Bailey?!  The same one you both knew bullied and made fun of me." I was trying so hard not to yell. "look. I blame myself more than you think right now. I did this to myself and maybe I deserve it but if it was happening to one of you I would want to tell you he was with someone."
"but you-"  May tried to say.
"but I never listen? Wow! You are no different from him you know." they both looked confused. "you all talked about how I was a fool to believe he was scared to tell everyone about us, at least I now know why. But you both picked Bailey when you are my sister and you like my sister" I pointed at them. "you grew up with me but did you for one think about just telling me up front. I'm tired."
"mya.. "
"the day you knew the truth and choose to keep it within is the day you broke our bond. Both of you and I will politely ask you both to let me be. I'm sure Bailey will enjoy the bond with you guys." I got up and opened the door for them. Once they were gone,i picked up my phone and texted one person. I sent a text and a gif.
June 💜: you were right all along.

✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️
Hey readers,
I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Comment on what you think she will do next.
Don't forget to vote,comment,share and follow.
Love Jean 💕