chapter thirteen

"May what has been going on? "
"mom I can't.... Let her be the one to tell you. She already doesn't trust me"
I was heard downstairs when I could over hear my mom and May whispering. June had to heard back home last week for an emergency with her sister. And for three weeks now it's been drama through out, with me been treated like an egg. The attention is annoying because it's like they can't carry on a conversation because I'm around. Everyone just wants to keep apologizing but all I what is to think. I've been hiding the fact that I've been dreaming of my baby. It's like one minute I'm holding her and the next his telling me I'm not worth it and that's why he left me then I'm a bad mother, the next thing my baby is gone. I want it to just be in my dreams so bad but I wake up and it's true.
"morning Mia"
I just look at my mom and don't say anything. I pick up my food and head back to my room. I tried to eat but couldn't. I swear I know I've lost weight but I can't help it. I'm about to put my plate down when someone knocks and gets in.
"don't even think about it" I looked up to the sound of Miguel's voice. I gave him a weak smile.
"you know I'm not going anywhere till you eat. Or we can go somewhere and eat, maybe even order your favorite food. "
"order" he had a bright smile on his face.
"I'm so glad to hear your voice. I've been so worried that you haven't said a word in weeks."
"I didn't know what to say"
"you can always talk to me."
" I know"
He ordered two large boxes of pizza and chocolate milk shake and ate with me as I tried to force myself to eat. But I kept on feeling like I would vomit. After eating as much as I could, we opted for a movie since I really didn't want to talk. Miguel had fallen asleep and I didn't want to wake him up so I let him be. I went to get a glass of water when I heard mom on the phone.
"she won't talk and I feel like I've been a bad mother. " I couldn't hear what the other person was saying.
"I'm sorry I can't help with the wedding cause it seems Xander is her trigger. She won't actually tell me the whole story but I'm sure he was the father and something happened."
I honestly didn't know what to do.
"don't you dare say that about my daughter. Your son could be in the wrong. You know what I'm done with this conversation."
I quickly grabbed a bottle of water and rushed to my room where I laid down beside Miguel. However, sleep didn't come easily.
In the morning, I felt movement  and turned.
"sorry I didn't mean to wake you up. Can't remember when I fell asleep."
"it's okay. It was like old times. " I gave him a weak smile again because I knew it wasn't like old times. This time I was the fool that thought love was like in the books yet here I am.

He left after making sure that I'm okay. Not long after I heard shouting coming from outside. I got up to take a look. I was shocked to see Miguel and Xander yelling at each other and so close to each others faces. I rushed outside to try and stop what was happening. At this point dad was trying to pull the boys apart. I watched them as tears started to fall from my eyes. Dad had managed to separate them and whispered something to them as they all turned to look at me. I just ran to my room and spent the whole day there.
            ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

It's been less than a week and today is Xander's wedding

It's been less than a week and today is Xander's wedding. I left the house to just sit by the beach and watch the waves. I had so much to think about. Like coming to terms with what happened, I don't think I will ever forgive myself for losing my baby. I should have known I was pregnant, right? I still hate myself for that and I don't know if I will ever forgive him for causing all this. But maybe it's time I move on. Today I decide he is dead to me. Him and the witch he is marrying.

I don't know how long I was at the beach but when I started to approach our street, I could hear the celebrations taking place. I know I say I have to move on but it's not going to be easy,  as they rub it in my face. I entered the house and headed to the kitchen. I did feel a bit hungry. As I entered, I noticed May and her best friend in bridesmaids dresses. To say I was shocked that May would agree to be a bridesmaid would be an understatement. I quickly shook my head and headed to the fridge.
"Mya" May called out to me.
"you can't ignore us forever" Summer spoke. I put my bowl down and turned.
"I can. Until I'm ready to talk to you two, I will ignore you because to me you've both picked a side. " I turned back around and continued what I was doing but May sure had more to say.
"you know it's not all about you. I do feel bad that you lost the baby and Xander did that to you but you can't take it out on everyone. Grow up! You not the only one to go through that!" I was angry! How could she bring up my baby! How can she say that to me! I turned around so fast I thought I would fall. My back was towards the entrance of the kitchen but I was facing them. Summer had an apologetic look while May looked irritated.
"you been hanging out with her so much that you doing like her!"
"stop blaming Bailey for everything!"
"shout up! It's my turn to speak! You've been coming to my room to say nothing but rubbish! So now it's my turn!"
Summer looked shocked but I ignored her. "you want to talk about my baby! Yes I lost my child! There is no written book on how to deal with that and I did what I felt will help me! I don't care anymore if you pick her side or not! But when she betrays you don't come back to me! I just want you to remember that when you got pregnant! I! I stack by your side even when you ' Lost' it, I was there! So don't come to me acting like I'm just selfish!"
"what did you say Mya?" I heard moms voice as it cracked at the end. I turned to her "I'm sorry" and walked out of the kitchen leaving my parents shocked faces. As I went to my room, I could hear mom yelling at her.

Another night with no sleep I guess.
✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️
Hey readers,
I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Who expected to find out that secret about May? Tell me what you think will happen next. Will the siblings make up or will it get worse from here. Do you think May was right to be a bridesmaid? Xander is a married man!
Don't forget to vote, comment , share, and follow.
Love Jean 💕