chapter eight

I was sitting by my bench watching couples pass by as the sun set in their background. The mothers and nannies were helping their kids pack up their belongings with smiles on their faces from a great day at the park. I always missed this place when I was back at school.

"hey stranger" I looked behind quickly as I recognized the voice and got up, as soon as he rounded to the front of the bench I hugged him tight.

"I missed you, Miguel"

"same here, Mya. I missed you. Look who's all grown up now." he said with a smile. I lightly gave him a push on his arm.

"you are all grown up too. Look at you" and I meant it. Seems his been working out cause boy was packing some impressive muscle, he had this new hair that made him look sexy(in an innocent way), he had this tan on his skin.
"hey"
"sorry did you say something? "
"I asked if you were excited to get your degree"
"oh ya! I can't wait to start making my own money and contributing to the economy. How's work? "
"it's good but wish I could get some time off."
"any girl in your life?"
"nah. There is one I like but hey she's taken." there was an awkward silence.

"anyway, I'm starving and I miss those burgers by the café"
His face lit up as he said "of course. Let's go" we got up and started heading to the café.
"you're paying" he made a face as I laughed then smiled at me.
We pretty much spent the day catching and just been goofy.
          🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞
When I got home, I found my sister May.
"hey sis"
She turned around with a smile as she rushed to hug me. I haven't seen her since I got back.
"hey baby sis"
"I'm not a baby"
"you will always be my baby sis" she said smiling. "how are you?" she asked.
"I'm okay. How have you been and work? I missed you."
"I'm good. Tired but good."
We moved to the porch with our drinks. Spent the better part of it catching up too.
"how's Xander?"
"he's good and we are good."
"are you really?"
"what do you mean by that?" I said looking at her strange.
"Mya do you think his good for you? I mean you've been together for so long and yet he treats you like a secret."
"what is so wrong for everyone to accept that he loves me and to support us?!"
"because he doesn't love you! "
I stood up so upset.
"you we're never happy for me! Always negative! Why can't he love me and be with me! "
"has he told you he loves you?" she waited abit and I gave no answer "well! Has he? Open your eyes! Everyone can see apart from you. I love Mya but I think it's time you let go of this fairytale in your head. If almost everyone sees what's wrong and you don't, it's not because we don't want you to be happy. It's a chance to analyze what's happening around you and seeing what you are missing. I'm your sister, older sister and I'm telling you that boy is wasting your time. I don't want us to fight but if you don't want to listen then I will be here with open arms to hold you." she got up and went back inside. It doesn't make sense.

Later, the rest of my family came home and we had dinner, watched TV, had some some talk but I pretty much ignored my sister even when she tried to talk to me. Once I was in my room I decided to call Xander.

"hello"
"hey. How are you?"
"I'm great and yourself?"
"I'm good. How was the flight and all?"
"was good. Can I ask you something?"
"sure thing."
"do you love me?"
"why the sudden question? "
"Xander please. Just answer."
"they are talking again,arent they?" I didn't respond. He continued after my silence "baby I've told you it you and I. I want you to get some rest and I'll talk to you in the morning okay?"
"okay." with that he cut the line. Maybe I was wasting my time but what if I was just letting it get to me. I closed my eyes and silently cried myself to sleep.

The holiday went by with me pretty much catching with everyone. I was glad Miguel and I were back to our goofy, playful selves. He tried to talk about Xander but I didn't want it to ruin the peace we had,  I was already not talking to my sister and didn't need more people added to that list. I mean I would find her with Xander's sister, her bestfriend whispering but when I walked in they would stop and my sister would have a guilty look on her face. But whatever.
It was time to head back for my final semester and I was currently on the plane. I didn't feel like been on the road for so long. Once I landed and collected my bags, I saw someone standing waiting for me with a sign that had my name on it. It was Xander! What was he doing here. I walked to him "what are you doing here?"
"I'm here to see my girlfriend"
"really?" I said annoyed, I dunno why but I just felt angry.
"Mya, please. I didn't come here to fight with you. I wanted to spend some time with you but if you don't want me here I can leave. "
"fine" I sighed.
We later went to my dorm but let's just say June wasn't happy about him been here.... And she gave me an ear full.
I spent the whole week with Xander, we talked about almost everything. He tried assured me that he was with me through the relationship and that he was almost ready to tell our families about us.

After he left to go back to his university I buried myself in books in preparation for my finals in the next three weeks.
Later: the past three weeks have been tough with studies and all. I can't wait to be done cause honestly I feel so tired and ready to drop. I just want to finish so I can get enough rest and head back home.... Then I can start my life with the love of my life.

✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️
Hey readers,
Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow.
Love Jean 💕