Chapter six

"good morning!" heard someone scream as the jumped on my bed.
"no screaming." I said as my throat felt dry. I pulled my covers down and sat up.
"how did I get here?" I asked feeling sleepy but damn my head was pounding.
"we had to carry you here." she answered as she made herself comfortable on the bed. I looked at her confused.
"we?"
"ya, we. Well more like Jack carried you here."
"who is Jack? And why was he carrying me?"
"the guy I was dancing with. You were wasted and you blacked out."
"I'm never drinking again."
"hahaha. I swear if I was given a dollar for the number of times people say that then I wouldn't be at college."
I just gave her a look and looked away.
"Mya. " I looked back up at her. " what happened yesterday?"
I let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding. " nothing. I guess I just let loose a little too much." I said without looking into her eyes.
"I know it had something to do with him. You started crying on our way back and said something in the lines of ' love hates and why doesn't he love you as much'. What did he do?"
"nothing really. I guess I was just too drunk." I didn't want to tell her what happened because she would firstly overreact and then give me the speech of I should let him go. I know he will change, I just need to give him some time.
"if you don't want to tell me, I will respect that. But just know that you don't need to be with someone to define yourself. I will let you rest. I have a date with Jack."
She didn't really wait for me to say much, she left my room. Why is everyone getting mad at me over my love life? I picked up my phone and found alot missed calls from Xander. I didn't know if I wanted to talk to him yet. I had a lot of questions but I don't know if I was ready for the answers. There was also a number of messages but I didn't want to read them either. Instead I decided to call someone to cheer me up. I dialed the number and waited for them to pick up.
"mya"
"mom. Hey"
I spent sometime on phone catching up with my mom, then spoke to dad, said hello to my brother and finally ended the call after talking and catching up with my sister. I had my bath and wore a pair of leggings and a hoodie I got from Xander and my sneakers. I was a little hungry and also needed to think then deal with the whole issue but, that wasn't going to happen while I'm in this room. I took my wallet, I decided to go to this cozy café right outside school. They had amazing pastries and made really good cuppichino. I knew June was a little mad at me so I decided to talk to her later, so that I don't ruin her date even before she goes on it. As I walked to the café, I plugged in my headsets and listened to music. Once I settled down and ordered my drink and pastry, I took a book to read. The other reason why I love this place is, it's also a mini library. They stock up on books written by upcoming authors but also stock up on some best sellers. I pulled a book written by Jean Stephens entitled His ex-wife and started to read.
I spent the whole day there, just reading and enjoying some sweets. I wish I could work in a place like this. Maybe I could try to ask, it was run by an older couple  who reminded my of my grandparents. I haven't seen them in a while as we live in different parts of the country. I approached the counter where the old lady was.
"excuse me."
"yes dear. Did you want something else?"
"no, thank you. I did enjoy your goodies. I was wondering if you were hiring, I really love this place and would really like it if I could work here. "
"we wouldn't pay you much and it's not always busy."
"that's okay. I wouldn't mind."
"when can you start?"
"really! I can give you my schedule."
"no problem dear. What's your name?"
I giggled. She hired me without knowing her name or me hers. "I'm Mya Matthews"
"I'm Mrs Brown. But people call me Maggie."
We spoke for a bit more then I left my number and left. It was already getting back when I was walking back to my room. I stopped to really look at the person standing right outside my building.
"what are you doing here?" I said. He looked up from his phone and walked to where I was standing.
"I've been trying to call you."
"that doesn't answer my question.... You know what just go back to your 'girl'" I said the last part as tried to walk away. He grabbed my hand and made me face him.
"you are my girl."
"then who had your phone?"
"lemme explain and you will understand it was all a misunderstanding."
I looked into his eyes to see if I could see any decite, I couldn't see any. I turned around and started walking to my room, I guess I read that as a sign to follow. Once we got to my room, I had him sit at my desk while I sat on the bed.
"I'm sorry"
"just explain"
"look I know I haven't put in my all since we got into school. My schedule has been so tiring and I was getting used to it."
"who's she?"
"she's my roommates girlfriend" I stood from the bed and walked to my small window. He really thinks I'm a fool. I thought to myself. I felt his presence behind me but he made no move to touch me.
"my roommates name is Xander. He has a girlfriend at the university who spends alot of time with us. The night you called,i was pretty wasted and she picked up my phone. It was a whole misunderstanding, I swear." he turned me around so I could look at him. "tell me you believe me baby."
I rushed into his arms and broke down. I was going to believe him.
"don't cry baby"
"I love you Xander" I felt him tense but he never said a word. I guess his not ready to say it back.
✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️✳️
Hey readers,
Apologies for going silent had been busy plus traveling back from visiting family. I know the chapter is a little slow but will be posting soon. Don't forget to share, vote, comment and follow.
Love Jean 💕