Prologue

{Narrative}

The world isn't the same anymore. The ones who were dead came back and now they have taken over. People are either struggling to survive or getting chow down by the undead. Hospitals, police stations, firefighter stations are all gone. Food, water, guns, ammo, and medicine are hard to find.

Everyone has seen what has happened out there. Well, except for one person who doesn't even know what is going on around her. This girl isn't alive or dead. Well, until now...

The hospital lights flicker on and off in the hallway. There's blood splattered all over the hospital walls. There are dead bodies on the floor, either human, the undead, or both. Hospital equipment and papers are scattered or broken.

In a locked room deep in the hospital, lays a girl. Her heartbeat monitor is down, her IV is still pumping and any other life support is still attached to her.

Slowly, her eyes open as she blinks multiple times. The girl looks around the half-lit room, confusion all over her face. She looks out the see-through glass of her hospital room and slowly sits up in her hospital bed. She squints her eyes as she looks more closely then she lets out a small gasp to confirm that it is blood splattered across the hallway outside.

The girl starts to unplug everything from her body with care and once she's done, she stands up, her legs wobbling. Her eyes fall on her records and she reads them over.

Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao

18-year-old woman

Cuban, Mexican

In a coma after bleeding out from a head injury

Camila lets go of the documents and walks over to the door. She pulls on it but it doesn't budge. Camila looks down at the lock and turns it then pulls the door open. The brunette immediately covers her mouth and nose when the reeking smell of something hits her nose.

Camila walks down the halls as she takes in her surroundings. She stops walking when she sees dead human bodies against the wall ripped open, organs pooling out of the openings. Camila's eyes widen in horror and she starts walking over to the sign that shows stairs. She opens the door and holds onto the railing as she descends them.

Camila stops when she sees the stairs have collapsed and she turns around to the floor door and opens it. She's on the second story now. Why are hospitals so big? Camila comes across more dead bodies but she continues trying to find another flight of stairs. She hears banging and Camila stops walking.

The brunette stares down the hall to see a message written on the wall with blood, but she can't quite read it from where she is. Camila walks over to the chained doors and slowly reads the message.

WARNING

Undead inside

Undead? Camila furrows her eyebrows in confusion and jumps back when the banging grows louder. Her eyes closely watch the small crack between the double doors as she sees three different sets of fingers reach out.

Camila walks backward and turns around walking away from the double doors. The brunette's eyes brighten when she sees another sign that indicates stairs. She opens the door and holds tightly onto the railing, descending the stairs, and bursts through the ground floor door. She walks over to the sliding doors but they won't open.
The girl mentally curses and searches the entire floor for another way out.

Camila walks over to the back of the hospital to where the ambulances are parked and she grabs the chain and starts to pull open the metal gate. Sunlight finally touches her face as she walks out into the opening. Her brown eyes scan her surroundings as she takes in how everything looks so... Dead.