Escaping The Horde

Camila's POV

The leaves crunch under our feet as we dodge branches on the trees and jump over fallen ones.

"How many more?" I call out.

"10. Reloading," Zayn says.

I unsheath my katana and swing it as I cut a zombie's head off. I catch the head and kick it at a zombie as I push two back against the ones behind making them stumble.

Zayn shoots at a zombie to my left, it's inside splattering on me and I stumble back.

"Thanks, I didn't see that one," I said.

"Yeah cause you're too busy playing soccer with a zombie's head," Zayn chuckles softly.

"I found a shed!" Normani calls out.

"In! In! Now!" I order.

Normani and Zayn rush in and I go in afterward but a zombie bites down on my arm before the door closes shut.

Normani shuffles around in the dark before finding a lamp, turning it on, and that's when Zayn realizes the bite.

"Wow. They got you good," He examines my arm.

"Oh... You... You got bit," Normani says.

"It's no big deal," I said.

Normani gasps when she sees the bite starting to heal as the skin is smooth once more like it was never there.

"You... You..." Normani stutters.

"It's a long story," I said.

"One that is kinda clear but there's more to it. One that she will be able to tell you over dinner," Zayn says as he takes out canned fruit.

Meanwhile...

Lauren's POV

I jump over a fallen tree trunk as I crouch behind it and mount my gun as Halsey and Shawn land beside me.

"Stay down," I said.

Liam who's behind a tree shoots down three zombies as I shoot down the last two.

"Clear!" I stand back up.

Liam comes out from where he is and walks over to me as he sits down on the tree trunk. "It's starting to get dark," He says.

"Start a campfire. Maybe some of the others will see the smoke while there's still some light left," I said.

"Right away boss. Shawn come help me please," Liam says.

Once the fire is on, Liam and Shawn heat some canned beans and we're just eating, sitting around the fire.

"I suppose none of you guys saw where everybody went or with who, right?" I speak up.

"No," Liam shakes his head.

My leg bounces up and down, nervously as I set my empty can down.

"You're worried about her," Halsey says.

"How... I... Yes, I am. I don't know where or with who she went. I can't get the idea out that she may be out there alone," I said.

"There's a lot of us she can't be," Liam says.

"I'll take the first watch," I stand up, grabbing my rifle.

Meanwhile...

Gerald's POV

I move the flashlight back and forth through the trees as I cover in front of us, Colson behind and Dinah on the sides.

"We need to find shelter, Gerald," Ally says.

"I know. I can't see. It's so dark," I said.

"I think I see a cabin," Dinah says.

We all follow her, covering each other's blind spots for any undead but it's all clear so we sprint and enter the cabin.

Colson, Niall, and I move to cover doors and windows with the furniture as Dinah and Ally prepare food.

Once that is all done we sit down on the ground as Dinah and Ally hand out bowls of heated-up canned chili.

"You guys only used one right?" Colson asks.

"Yeah. Save food. We know," Dinah says.

"I don't think I'm hungry," I said.

Everybody looks sincerely at me as Dinah sits down next to me and rubs my arm.

"Don't worry about Camila she's bound to be with someone and if not she knows how to take care of herself," Dinah says.

"Even so I'm going to go look for her," I said.

I move to stand up but Dinah only holds me down, stopping me.

"First it's dark out and you have to rest and eat. You can't go out in these conditions," Dinah says.

Ally hands me my bowl and I start to eat in silence as so does everyone.

The next morning, I put on my backpack as I check how much ammo I have as everyone packs up as well

"I'm going to go look for her," I said.

"Alone?" Colson questions.

"I'll move faster," I said.

"We won't have any communication with you we have no signal so our walkie-talkies don't work," Dinah says.

"Okay," I said. I pull out a map as I lay it on the kitchen counter. "We're in the western region of New York so we are here. There's a farm here. I'll meet you guys there. If I'm not there in three days then keep moving and hopefully, we'll see each other," I said.

"If that happens we'll be near the highway leading into Pennsylvania. We'll camp out there," Colson says.

I hand them the map as I smile at them. "Safe journey my friends," I said.

"Safe journey," They said.

They help me move the furniture and open the front door as we all step out.

I salute them before moving the opposite way from them as they disappear into the trees.

I sigh deeply as I begin to move. "I'm coming for you baby sister," I whispered.