Fight To Survive

Lauren's POV

My eyes slowly open as I lift my head. I blink multiple times just so my eyes can focus. I look around the room and I immediately start to panic. "Camila!" I yell. I strain against the ropes tying me to the chair I am on.

"Lauren?"

I look over at a dark corner where I see someone move.

"Camila?" I question.

"Yeah?" She mumbles.

"Are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Head hurts. You?" She asks.

"Feeling the same," I answered.

"Where... Where are we?" Camila asks.

"Looks like we are in the lion's den," I said.

A door at the far end of the room opens and in walks James.

"Oh, you guys woke up! I thought we killed y'all," James says.

"Like you will feel sympathy," I said.

"Well sorta because I wouldn't have my players for the main card tonight," James says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You two will be fighting in the ring tonight... Against each other," James says. With that, he leaves the room.

"Lauren... What do we do? I can't fight against you," Camila says.

"We have to," I said.

"No-"

"It's our only way to be on the outside," I interrupt her.

"But-"

"I'll be fine," I interrupt her again.

"No. Beat up on me," Camila says.

"Don't ask me of that, Camila," I mumble.

"I may not be able to heal from human-caused injuries but they won't be able to kill me. Not as quickly as normal humans at least," Camila says.

"I can't!" I raise my voice.

"You know I'm right Lauren. Just please beat on me if I beat on you... I may kill you. I have inhuman strength," Camila pleads.

I look up at Camila and my features have turned determined. "Okay," I nod.

"At least they didn't take my armor," Camila says.

"Good. One, you'll be naked under there. And two, that armor is one of the finest. But honestly, I'm surprised they didn't for the second reason," I said. I start squirming in my chair.

"What are you doing?" Camila asks.

"Trying to see if they took my pocket knife," I said. I huff and sit back in my chair. "They fucking took it," I said.

"Figures," Camila says.

Later that night, the door opens and a couple of men walk inside.

"Take her out first," The head man points towards me.

The other three men in the room walk over to me and one cuts my ropes as the other two hold me down and walk me out.

They push me into the ring as the spotlight blinds me and the loud cheers of the crowd fill my ears.

Then they push Camila into the ring as a stage rises and James is standing on top of it, all dressed in a suit and leaning on a walking stick.

I look at Camila and she mouths something to me then motions her head towards James.

I look over at James to see Camila's katana in his other hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to tonight's main card. I don't know if you guys know this person but that woman right there is Lauren Jauregui, leader of The Empire community," James says.

The crowd cheers and throws coins at me as I shield myself.

"And the second woman is... Honestly, I didn't catch her name but she is part of The Elites. The Empire's most important members. Like I have my Killers. So tonight's main card will be, leader versus an elite soldier," James says.

The crowd this time roars as they throw coins at whoever they want to win.

"Now folks, I hope you put your bets in and have voted on who you want to win because this fight will be one of a kind and whoever is watching out there, I hope you placed your bets and votes in as well," James says. He throws Camila's katana at her feet as he throws another at my feet. "Now, let the brawl... Begin!" He raises his voice as he takes a seat in his chair.

Camila and I kneel to grab our weapons as we both shift into a fighting stance. We start to circle each other as we put our game face on. Camila nods at me once before I launch at her.

The brunette dodges back before she blocks my attack as our katanas scrape against each other.

The floor opens up around the ring as platforms rise and undead tied to chains snap at us, ready to rip us apart.

"Do you see a way out?" Camila whispers.

"No, it's very heavily guarded," I whisper.

Camila pushes me back as I trip in front of a zombie and it grabs me.

I hold it back so it doesn't chomp down on me as I squeeze around its neck hard and my hands break through its flesh. I close my eyes as black blood and insides splatter all over me. I back away from the now-dead zombie as I grab my katana and turn back to Camila.

"Well ain't that interesting I was half convinced the leader was gonna be a zombie midnight snack," James speaks.

I was about to launch at Camila again but then there's an explosion as debris rains down on us and chaos rises.

In the smoke, there are gunshots, and when the smoke clears, it reveals my Elites in a tight circle, covering each other, as they gun down Killers advancing on them.