Dinah's Crew's Journey

Dinah's POV

We've just departed from Gerald as the rest of us begin to head towards the barn Gerald told us about and marked on the map.

"Thank the Lord you know how to read a map Colson," I said.

"Thank my father that he put me in the boy scouts that and I also spent half my life in the woods with my brother," Colson says. He looks down at the map then looks around. "This way," He says.

"You think the others made it?" Ally asks.

"They're survivors and Lauren is surprisingly hard to kill," I laugh.

"The problem is... Is that we have all the medical supplies so if the others get injured they could get an infection," Niall says.

"Normani's has to be out to be there with someone they have her medical history she'll improvise with any resources they have," Ally says.

"We should be at the farm by nighttime if we just keep moving," Colson says.

Later...

The sun has set about ten minutes ago as Colson and I push aside leaves from a bush to reveal a path leading to a farmhouse.

"Hey, we're here," I smile.

"And some undead in the way," Colson says.

"From the way their dressed it looks like the people who lived here and the workers," Ally says.

"Okay, single filed line, I'll be in front. Colson, cover behind us," I said.

"We move together," Colson says.

I hand Ally and Niall some knives as we start to advance on the farmhouse.

We silently take out the zombies nearest to us so we don't alarm the rest. There's no reason to pick a fight if they don't know we're here yet. 

We run up the steps and enter the farmhouse as we lock the front door.

"Okay they didn't see us but let's watch the windows just in case," I said.

"Ally, Niall go lock any other doors that lead outside and turn off all lights. I'm gonna go check every room to see if it's safe in here," Colson says.

"I'll keep watch," I said.

As everyone goes off to do their tasks, I move into the living room as I close the curtains and only leave a lamp on as I start to set up a place for us to sleep.

I stand at the window as I move the curtain to peer outside.

"We're clear there's no undead inside," Colson walks into the living room.

"All doors are locked and all lights are off," Ally comes in with Niall.

"You guys can rest, I'll stay up and keep watch," I said.

"I'm not that tired. I'm gonna go see if they have anything we can scrounge up," Colson says.

Ally and Niall on the other hand lay down on their shared sleeping bag.

I tap my index finger against the barrel of my rifle as I take a seat on a chair.

"Found some apples here, canned fruit," Colson walks into the living room.

"I'm thinking we should take out the rest of the undead outside and explore the farm, were running out of water," I said.

"There should be a water well around here, right?" Colson questions.

"Maybe," I said.

The next morning...

Ally and Niall are still asleep inside as Colson and I walk outside.

"I got the left side," I said.

"Got it. I'm going to check that barn first," Colson says.

We split apart as I quietly take out the rest of the undead on my side.

I take out my walkie-talkie. "Hello, Lauren? Zayn? Anyone there? If you can hear me please respond," I talk into it.

I release the button and wait for a few seconds but there's no response at all.

I sigh and put my walkie-talkie away as I walk over to the water well a few feet in front of me.

I set my gun down and I grab the chain as I pull it up so the bucket comes out as it's filled with water.

I check the water to see if it's okay to drink and I unhook it as I swing the strap of my rifle on my shoulder. I walk back over to the farmhouse and set the bucket down on the porch as I look over at the barn.

Colson walks out of the barn looking like he's about to throw up as he walks back over to the farmhouse.

"What's wrong?" I speak up once he's close enough.

He walks up the steps as he breathes in deeply then lets it out. "There's a lot of dead farm animals in that bar. It smells and the way they are ripped into is disgusting," Colson says.

"I found the water well is that water drinkable though?" I ask.

Colson inspects the water and shakes his head. "Sorta but just to be safe let's boil it," He says. He picks up the bucket and takes it inside.

Later...

Ally, Niall, Colson, and I are sitting down on the porch as the sun has already set.

We're all drinking tea from mugs as we enjoy the peacefulness.

"How did you find a peppermint plant so we can make some peppermint tea, Ally?" I asked.

"When I was younger my mother taught me all about herbal tea I know how all the plants look like," Ally says.

"Why peppermint exactly?" Colson asks.

"Supposedly, peppermint tea suppresses appetite and we're trying to save food," Ally says.

We start to hear screaming and gunshots in the distance as Colson and I dive for our weapons.

Three silhouettes run into the field and behind them a group of zombies.

"Ally, Niall. Stay here. Colson, let's go," I said.

"Yes, ma'am," He says.

We run out into the field as we see that one of these silhouettes is getting held up by the other two.

"Get down!" I yell.

They do as I said and Colson and I release fire on the group of undead as every single one falls dead behind them.

We all wait for a couple of seconds in silence before Colson and I run over to the three silhouettes as two of them get up before helping up the one in the middle.

Colson turns on his flashlight, shining it on them and my jaw drops in shock.

"Y'all survived," I said.

Meanwhile...

Gerald's POV

I see a shed up ahead as I slowly walk over to it and put my hand on the handle.

I throw the door open and two men scream as they cover their naked forms.

"Fuck, sorry!" I turn around.

I hear them shuffling around until one of them tells me that they are all dressed up.

I turn back around and I drop my gun. "Louis... And Harry... You guys survived the fire," I said shocked.