Going After The Big Man

"Back away from her!" Lauren raises her voice.

"We-"

"Back. Away. Before I kill you all too," Lauren says. She sheathes the katana and instead lifts her rifle.

"Please, we're innocent, we're just-"

"Prove it by stepping away!" Lauren says.

The medical staff obeys and huddle in a corner as Lauren walks over, disconnecting Camila from all the machines.

"Lauren!"

The green-eyed girl turns and sees the main doctor running at her, a scalpel in hand.

Lauren dodges and reaches into her pocket, taking out her knife as she stabs the doctor in the stomach.

She pushes him back and he falls to the floor, putting pressure on his wound.

Lauren, with a watchful eye on the doctor, takes Camila's oxygen mask off and lifts her wife in her arms.

"Wait... What about them?" Zayn asks.

She turns to the nurses and they plead to her to let them live.

"Keep them alive, but him..." Lauren looks at the main doctor.

She signals Zayn over and he takes his pistol out, and following Lauren's order, shoots the main doctor in the head.

"Now, let's get out of here," Lauren says.

"Wait, there is a lot of medical supplies here, we can't leave all of this behind," One of the female nurses speaks.

Lauren bites her lower lip before nodding. "Take as many as you can. Do you have backpacks?" She asks.

"Yes and yes ma'am, we will take as much as we can fit in our bags," The female nurse says.

After the doctors have practically emptied the medical room of all medical supplies, they leave the room, Camila's unconscious self in Lauren's arm.

"Is she going to be okay?" Lauren asks the female nurse.

"Yes, we just sedated her," The female nurse says.

They round the corner and see that soldiers are fighting some undead.

"We need to get these nurses and Camila out of here," Lauren turns to Zayn and Gerald.

"We can go back to the front and get them in the cars," Zayn says.

"No," Lauren shakes her head.

She walks over to Gerald who swings his rifle across his shoulders and takes Camila in his arms.

"I'm going after the President," Lauren says.

She moves to walk away but Zayn grabs her arm and stops her.

"Lauren... It's not worth it," Zayn says.

"It's so worth it. I'll meet you guys outside," Lauren says. She gets out of Zayn's grip and walks over, planting a kiss on Camila's forehead. "If I don't come back by the time the sun goes down, leave. If it's that way, when Camila wakes up, tell her I love her and that I'll find my way back to her," Lauren says.

She goes the opposite way from the boys, entrusting them with her wife and her unborn baby's lives.

Lauren makes sure to avoid any soldiers and undead to conserve bullets as she winds through the halls in search of the President's office.

She can for sure say that she's been in the White House before so it's not hard for her to find her way around.

It doesn't take her long until she sees the private security detail guarding some big wooden doors.

"Bingo," Lauren whispers.

She checks the mag on her assault rifle to see that she has ten bullets left.

"Ten bullets, seven men," Lauren speaks lowly.

She steps out from her hiding spot and the security detail raises their pistols at her.

"Drop your weapon, traitor!" The main security detail guy says.

"Y'all drop yours and I will spare you," Lauren says.

"We must protect the President. As it is your duty," The main security detail guy says.

"I left that all behind. I don't serve anyone anymore," Lauren says.

She pulls the trigger and the main security detail guy drops dead alongside two more that we're beside him.

The rest security detail starts shooting as Lauren moves and hides behind a pillar.

She throws her rifle on the floor when it clicks, meaning it's empty as she mentally cusses because she has no gun anymore but she does have Camila's katana.

Lauren reaches up and grips the handle as she takes a deep breath, gathering her strength, reminding herself that this is for her wife and herself.

When the gunshots stop, Lauren moves and hides behind another pillar as the gunshots start up again.

"Just a little closer," Lauren whispers.

Once again, the gunshots stop and Lauren takes this chance as she runs at the security detail.

The two at the front use their pistols to deflect the swings of Lauren's katana while the two at the back reload.

Lauren catches this and she dodges under the front two and slices at the two behind on the stomach causing them to scream as their guts spill out.

The green-eyed girl whirls around and slices off the heads of the remaining two security detail.

Lauren breathes heavily as she looks at the now-dead security detail before she moves and opens the big wooden doors.

The President who was at his desk stands up as he stares wide-eyed at Lauren who closes the doors behind her.

"I told you I was hard to kill and now... It's just you and me," Lauren says as she twirls the blood-stained katana in her hand.