No More Left To Fight

The President reaches under his desk and Lauren steps forward, pointing her katana at him.

"Step the fuck away from your desk," Lauren says.

The President raises his hands and steps away from his desk.

"I told you she was pregnant and you still ordered to continue the procedure," Lauren says.

"She can save all those innocent lives that were turned," The President says.

"There's no point. They already lost themselves. What matters now is the people that are still people," Lauren says.

"What a hypocrite. You and your friends are killing many humans out there," The President says.

"Humans that are hostile with other humans especially in times like these are no better than those goddamn monsters. Shows who we are," Lauren says.

"Then put that weapon down and just leave," The President says.

"I can't let you live, you'll just come after us again," Lauren says.

The two big wooden doors open and Lauren spins around to see five soldiers enter.

"Good! Take her down," The President says.

The soldiers point their guns at Lauren who slowly drops her katana on the floor.

"Back away," The front soldier speaks.

Lauren furrows her eyebrows, swearing she has heard that voice before but doesn't say anything as she backs a little far away from the katana.

The lead soldier then turns and points his gun at the soldiers behind him.

"Boss? What are-"

Before the soldier can finish what he was saying the lead soldier guns down all four of them.

"Soldier!" The President raises his voice.

The lead soldier then turns to the President, shooting him in the leg as he goes down screaming, putting pressure on the wound.

Lauren stares at the soldier with wide eyes as he swings his rifle around his shoulder and takes his helmet off, then the full face mask.

"I just wanted our reunion to be you and me," The soldier says, dropping the full face mask on the floor.

Lauren feels her body stiffen and her blood go cold as she stares at the soldier's face.

"Shocked to see me?" James chuckles.

"That's one word for it," Lauren says.

Her eyes look at the katana on the floor and James catches it which makes him raise his gun.

"Of course, it's not a happy one," James says.

"What do you want from me? You burned down my sanctuary and I destroyed yours, we're even," Lauren says.

"We're not even. Lost Blood was the only thing I had in this shitty world. You still have everyone you care about but I'll make sure you die without any of them here to save you," James says.

Lauren looks at the President who is still down then at the katana, feeling strength build in her.

"I have a wife and an unborn kid, I won't let you depart me from them," Lauren says.

She sprints and grabs the katana, rolling behind another couch as James shoots in her path but stops as he slowly circles the couch while Lauren crawls the other way.

She takes a deep breath and holds it as she looks at James's silhouette and when it gets closer she jumps out, slicing at James's ankles causing him to scream and fall as he clutches his ankles, blood staining his hands.

Lauren moves to grab his pistol from its holster but James backhands her causing her to roll across the floor, losing the katana along the way.

Lauren winces as she reaches up and softly touches the corner of her lips with her fingertips to feel them get wet. She retracts them to see that they are stained with blood.

James stands up, as he stumbles over to Lauren. With great effort, he kicks the green-eyed girl across the face.

Lauren coughs as she spits out blood, wanting to give up, beg James to spare her life but she doesn't.

She looks at Camila's fallen katana a few feet behind James and she feels like it's reaching out to her like Camila is transmitting strength to her through it.

Lauren moves and gets up on her hands and knees but James kicks her hard in the stomach making her curl up in a ball, crying in pain.

"Listen, listen, Lauren," James says.

Lauren quiets down as they both listen in to hear only the faint screams and gunshots.

"Hear how no one is coming for you?" James says.

They hear rustling and they look over to see the President making a run for it.

Lauren looks at James and quickly gets up, tackling him to the ground before she runs after the President, grabbing the katana along the way.

"You're not going to fucking get out of this alive you motherfucker," Lauren raises her voice.

The President looks back, his eyes wide with panic as he runs as fast as he can.

Lauren then hears boots behind her but her focus is only on the President.

She jumps over a fallen soldier's dead body as up ahead the President trips over one.

Lauren turns around to see that James has followed them and he's coming at her fast.

The green-eyed girl ducks under and James couldn't catch himself quickly as he trips over the same soldier's dead body the President did.

"And now I have you both at my mercy," Lauren says.

She twirls the katana in her hands and raises it, ready to swing but then something grabs her legs from behind causing her to fall.

Lauren screams as she sees the used to be dead soldier's body has been reanimated and is now a zombie.

The green-eyed girl panics and holds it back as it chomps its teeth in her face, ready to rip into her.

From behind her, she hears the struggles of the President and James who are also being attacked by reanimated bodies.

Lauren gathers her strength and punches the undead square in the face before pulling out her knife from inside her pocket and stabbing it in the head.

She flinches as black blood splatters her face and she wipes it away.

Lauren looks up and sees the President struggling and it's only a matter of time before the undead bites down onto him.

But what catches her attention is the more undead closing in on them.

Lauren grips onto her katana and stands up, as she starts to fight against them, not even caring anymore about the two men behind her and them not caring about her as they are both fighting for their lives as well.

Lauren hears screaming behind her and she takes a glance behind to see that the zombie that was on top of the President is ripping into him as she also catches a glimpse of James still fighting against a group of zombies.

Once she has killed all the ones on her side, she decides that it's not worth risking her life for James.

She sheathes the katana and before she springs off, she turns around and sees James holding a gun up to her.

Before Lauren can react he pulls the trigger as the zombies he was fighting take him down and start ripping into him and everything after that, her entire world goes dark.