Mysterious Abilities

Lauren's POV

I lower my rifle as I walk over to Camila. I move her hair to the side and place my hand on the new batch of skin. "What are you?" I whisper. 

"Boss, we should get out of here," Zayn says.

I step back from Camila and nod. "Let's. We will deal with this back home," I said.

In the car, driving back to the sanctuary, I keep taking glances at Camila and the skin that was bitten off but healed.

"I don't know what happened here," Camila covers where she was bitten.

"We will... Figure it out. Maybe there is something in your records," I said.

"The doctors probably saw something in me that they would protect all the medicine and well... Me by putting it all in a room with bulletproof glass and a lock on the inside," Camila says.

"I may have a theory," I speak.

"Which is?" Camila looks at me.

"You weren't exposed to this world. We all have that virus in us. Except possibly you. We don't know if the doctors figured this out before the virus broke out or during the outbreak, in your coma, somehow your body developed the virus so you can be...." I trail off.

"Immune," Camila finishes my sentence.

"But the healing..." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Maybe my body developing the virus might have brought more than immunity," Camila says.

"When we get home we will put you through some trials, see what you are capable of," I said.

"You think it only happens when I encounter the undead or anything in general?" Camila asks.

"I don't know," I shake my head.

Camila's POV

After getting the medical supplies over to the infirmary, we seven go over to a less crowded part of the Empire as Liam, Zayn, and Colson shepherd in three undead.

"Okay. We all saw what happened at the hospital. An undead bit Camila and it healed. This means one thing... She's immune," Lauren speaks.

"You're putting her through trials?" Gerald asks Lauren.

"It's fine Gerald," I said.

"Do you want to do the undead trials first or the non-undead trials?" Lauren turns to me.

"Undead," I answered.

"Okay, my guess is that probably every time you kill an undead your powers or something increase," Lauren says.

"Show us what you got, sis," Gerald says.

I grip the knife Lauren gave me as Zayn lets free the undead he was shepherding.

The others back away as the zombie start walking over to me making me shift into a fighting stance. The zombie launches at me but I weave to the side easily and stab it in the back of the head as it falls, dead.

"That was beautiful," Lauren says.

"I didn't know you had that in you, sis," Gerald smiles.

"You move great for someone who just awoke from a 3-year coma," Zayn says.

"Okay. Next, your brawling," Lauren says.

"Uh... With a zombie?" I ask.

"With what else?" Lauren raises an eyebrow.

"Okay then," I said.

Colson lets his undead free as it immediately walks over to me, jaw snapping.

I wrap my hands around its neck as I push it back, its teeth snapping in front of my face.

I groan as I bring one of my hands back and I punch it straight in the face.

I step back when one of its eyeballs pops and its insides splatter on my face.

"Holy shit..." Lauren says.

"That is... Wicked," Colson says.

I punch the undead again and I break off a good side of its face. Using all of my strength, I throw punch after punch as the nasty black blood of the zombie coats my fist. With one last final punch, my hand breaks through and it gets stuck in its head. I push against the undead's chest until my hand breaks free.

"Damn, Camila!" Liam says.

I look down at my blood-coated fist in amazement and then down at the now dead body of the zombie.

"You... Your fist got stuck inside..." Lauren says.

"That is some real strength there. One that a normal human cannot possess," Gerald says.

"Super strength that's cool!" Dinah says.

"Mhmm. Maybe your blood is way more special. You are immune but what if... Your blood can reverse," Lauren changes the subject.

"Reverse? As in like... Turn a zombie back into a human can of reverse?" I ask.

Lauren walks over to me and grabs my arm as she leads me over to the zombie Liam has tied up against a pole.

"Let it bite you," Lauren says.

I swallow hard but I bring my arm up to the snapping teeth of the zombie. I bite back a scream as it bites a good chunk of my arm off and it starts to eat it.

I back away as the bite heals itself. I bring my fingers up and trace the newly healed batch of skin.

Lauren walks up to the zombie and examines it carefully. "Nothing has changed yet," She says.

Blood starts to bubble between the zombie's lips as it trashes against it restrains then it goes still.

We all look at each other then back at the still zombie as we wait.

The zombie starts to cough violently and when it looks up... It is human again.