Welcome To The Elites

Camila's POV

The next morning, I am in the training area with the rest of The Elites.

"Hey, sis!" Gerald waves at me.

"Hey," I hug him.

Zayn whistles beside him. "Sweet outfit and armor, Camila," He says.

"A gift from Lauren after I completed my first phases of training," I said.

"Uh-huh sure," Zayn gives me a look I quite can't make out.

"I see you got a katana," Gerald says.

He unsheathes it and spins like he's gonna stab me but I grab his wrist and I take out the knife in my boot and hold it up to his throat.

"Nice try," I said.

"Sweet moves! You still got it," Gerald laughs.

I drop the knife from his throat and grab my katana. "I don't know why I move this gracefully even after I've been in a coma for three years," I said mesmerized.

"Maybe it has to do something with your abilities," Zayn says.

"So, what exactly are you doing here? We're in the middle of training," Gerald says.

"Lauren told me to come here," I said.

"Why?" Gerald furrows his eyebrows in confusion.

"Because I wanted to talk to Zayn and put her through some trials."

I turn around to see Lauren walking over to us with a serious face.

"Lauren," I said softly almost like a whisper.

"Camila," Lauren says with a twinkle in her eyes, and her lips curved softly into a smile.

"So what kind of trials do you want to put Camila through today?" Zayn speaks up.

"Agility and strength," Lauren says.

"So... All the normal trials," I tease.

"Can you guys go set up the stations?" Lauren turns towards the boys.

"Yes, boss," Gerald and Zayn salute her before running off to set up the stations.

Lauren turns to me and takes me to a less crowded spot. "There will be a flexibility trial but... Later," She whispers.

"Do you do this to every girl?" I tease.

"Of course not," Lauren says.

"Mhmm... Then I'm in," I touch her chest.

Lauren smiles and clears her throat as she backs away from me.

"All stations are set up, boss," Zayn says.

"Perfect," Lauren says. She walks over to a station and motions Zayn forward. "You will help Camila with the first one. Agility. Let's see how fast she can move those limbs... How quick she can react," Lauren says.

I walk over to stand across from Zayn and he shifts into a fighting stance.

Lauren blows a whistle and Zayn rushes towards me as he moves to tackle me but I spin to the left and he crashes down to the ground.

Zayn swiftly gets up in a crouch and moves to kick my legs out from under me but I jump over his legs. He gets up and I try to head kick him but Zayn drops low.

"You're staying on that ground," I said.

Zayn takes advantage of my gloating and grabs my ankle, pulling me down.

I groan when I crash down on the ground hard. "Asshole," I said.

"Way too early," Lauren says.

Zayn stands up and helps me up. "Gloating. One's biggest enemy in a fight," He says.

"That and... Helping your opponent," I said.

I flip Zayn around and he crashes down on the ground with a big thud.

"Okay. That is good for now," Lauren says. She walks over and helps Zayn up. "Zayn, what do you think? Did Camila pass this part or not?" Lauren asks.

"Passed," Zayn rubs his lower back and cracks it.

"Okay, then. Strength is next," Lauren says.

"We already tested this," Gerald says.

"I want to see how much damage she can exactly do," Lauren says.

"I'm ready," I said.

"Perfect. Follow me," Lauren says.

We follow her over to the cafeteria and into the back as she opens a door and we step inside to see a walk-in freezer.

"Okay... Why are we here?" I ask confusingly.

"With normal people, I will have them beat up on Liam but in your case, I can't have you do that so... You are going to be punching one of these pieces of meat," Lauren says.

"You have Liam get beaten up with no protection?" I ask.

"No. He has protection but not metal. It's like training gear but I don't want you hurting him," Lauren says.

"Okay," I said. I peel my black gloves off and take off my weapons, setting them down gently to the ground. I take deep breaths as I do some stretches. "Let's do this," I said.

"Gerald, hold the piece of meat," Lauren orders.

"Yes ma'am," Gerald nods. He moves over to be behind the piece of meat as he holds it in place.

Gerald nods at me and I do some practice punches before I start punching the meat.

I see the meat getting red as blood oozes out before I hear the ribs start to crack.

"Okay! That's enough," Lauren pushes me back.

"She broke the ribs of a frozen, hard piece of meat in under five seconds," Gerald says.

"And this is the reason why I didn't want her to beat up on Liam," Lauren says.

I hold onto one of my bloody fists as it shivers due to the coldness of the freezer.

Lauren takes out a handkerchief from one of her pockets and wraps it around my fists. "Let's get out of here," She says.

I nod and Lauren grabs my equipment before we all leave the walk-in freezer.

We all arrive at the training area and we stand in front of Lauren.

"Okay, we are done for today. Zayn... Is Camila eligible?" Lauren asks.

"Yes. She's the second-ever woman that has ever impressed me enough with their agility and strength to be able to join the Elites," Zayn says.

"Perfect and I'm glad you brought that up," Lauren says. She walks over to me and rests a hand on my shoulder. "I will be honored to have you help Dinah train the women's division," Lauren says.

"And I will be honored to accept," I said.

"Well then, Camila... Welcome to the Elites," Lauren smiles.