Zombie Training

Camila's POV

"Okay, now that we have that settled... Can... Can we treat this?" I put pressure on my gunshot wound.

"Oh shit! Yeah," Lauren nods.

Gerald picks me up in his arms as he runs over to the pharmacy while Lauren throws open the door.

"Ally! Niall!" Lauren calls out.

"Yes?" Both of them run in, their clothes wrinkle, and their hairs a mess.

"Fooling around during the job?" Lauren raises an eyebrow.

"Enough of that! We need you to treat Camila's gunshot wound," Gerald says.

"You guys shot Camila?" Ally asks.

Gerald lays me down on the bed while Niall starts to get the medical tools.

"That's not the point here. The bullet isn't in. She took it out," Lauren informs.

"Just stitches then," Niall nods.

While Ally and Niall stitch me up, Lauren leans against the wall while Gerald sits down on a chair near me.

"So what will we do next?" I break the silence.

"You rest," Gerald says.

"I will agree. You should rest and when your feeling better, we'll start your training," Lauren says.

"I'm always feeling better," I said. I take a deep breath as I feel the needle pierce through me. "So... You're officially my instructor now?" I tease Lauren.

Lauren softly smiles but then she turns serious. "I lead a group of elite fighters. I will be the best to show you how to protect yourself," She says.

"I can already protect myself. I can wield a katana. Gerald and I took classes together when we were younger," I said.

"Oh! I.. I didn't mean-"

I let out a painful laugh, cutting Lauren off as I wave it off. "It's fine. I'll still take your help," I wink at her.

Lauren clears her throat and turns serious again. "Meet me bright and early at my office tomorrow," She says. Lauren moves to open the door but then stops and turns back to look at me. "Rest well, Camila. Goodnight," She says before finally slipping out.

"Was it just me or did the boss blush?" Gerald finally speaks.

"She was flustered that's for sure," Niall says.

Lauren's POV

I walk into my office and immediately stop at the doorway.

Camila is standing at one of my bookshelves, flipping through the pages of a book.

I lean against the doorway as my eyes admire her magnificent body. I look down at the floor and cross my arms across my chest. "Found anything you like?" I speak up.

Camila turns around and smiles at me. "These are pretty sweet books you got here," She puts the one she's holding back in its place on the shelf.

"All of my favorites," I smile softly.

"Don't tell me you were a bookworm?" Camila teases.

I laugh softly and close my office doors behind me. "Still am. You can read any of them at any time you'll like," I said.

"Now that," Camila points at the bookshelf behind her, "That's a paradise for me."

"My people in charge of the cars are prepping one because we are going out there," I said.