To Rest

Lauren's POV

"I... Uh... Sure. How though?" Camila asks confused.

"These are our wedding rings. I always kept them safe, I always kept them close," I said.

Camila looks down at the rings as she lays her palm against mine. "You want to let them go, just as you want to let her go," Camila says.

"Yeah. But...." I swallow hard, "I don't know if I can."

"First, how do you want to let them go?" Camila asks.

"I was thinking maybe burying them or... Letting the water stream carry them away," I said.

"What do you mean?" Camila furrows her eyebrows.

"There's a river nearby," I said.

"Let's go then," Camila says.

I hold my other hand up and she takes it, lacing our fingers together.

We finally get to the river as the water rushes, hitting the rocks.

I grab a cloth and place the rings inside before I tie it up and walk closer to the stream.

Camila stands a little behind to give me some respect as I kneel.

"Jeez, I don't know how to do this Lucy. I've been... Ever since your death... I've been loyal to you, partially because your death made me fear love but also because you were still in my head, my heart, and I just couldn't let you go. I wish that they didn't kill you, I fucking wish that you were with me... At least, I use to. I hope you won't be mad that my heart now belongs to someone else. I hope this... Finally puts you to rest... Puts my heart, my mind to rest. To finally be free of you and to live again. I loved you and you'll always be a great memory of mine," I said, my voice cracking.

I slowly place the piece of cloth with the rings in it on the stream as it slowly starts to carry it away.

I stay there, watching it being carried, some part of me just wanting to jump in and retrieve it back but I know I can't, I won't.

I let out a tiny sob as the tears that have been building up finally fall down my cheeks.

I feel arms wrap around me from behind and I take a hold of Camila's hands. I slowly stand up with her and I turn around to face her.

"I'm proud of you. You did it," Camila cups my face in her hands, wiping away the tears.

I whimper softly and pull her close to me, burying my face in her shoulder as I savor her embrace.

I tighten my hold around her as I take in her scent, take in the way her hand smooths down my hair, take in the soft kisses she plants on my jawline.

I slowly pull away from her as my crying subsides and we just stand there in silence only hearing our soft breathing, the water rushing, and the faint laughs and talking of our friends.

Camila locks eyes with me and as if we were thinking the same thing, we both lean in and our lips meet in a soft, sweet kiss.

I savor it for a moment but then deep it as I ask for access and she grants it, our tongues rubbing against each other making us both moan.

I take my armor off then my war/battle belt as Camila takes off her cloak and lays it on the ground.

I help her take her armor off to just leave her in her regular clothes underneath.

I bring her body to mine once again as my lips start to kiss her neck.

Camila arches into me, moving her hair and head to one side to give me more space.