Apocalyptic Future Parents

Two weeks later...

Camila's POV

I walk back and forth in my room as I just stare at the test.

Lauren is currently out on yet another supply run as winter is nearing, they need to stock up on as many supplies as they can.

"Come on," I whisper to myself.

To be honest, most people would be scared to see this test come out positive, especially in a world like now, but me? I will honestly be sad that it came out negative.

I always wanted to be a mother, waking up in this world didn't change that, especially when I met Lauren.

I shiver due to how cold it's getting outside and in the house as I move and grab Lauren's jacket, throwing it on.

Once I look back at the test the results are in and at the same time, Lauren walks into the room.

"You're back," I said.

"Yeah," Lauren says.

She sets her rifle down and takes off her armor and I finally see the bloodstains on her clothes.

"What happened?" I asked worriedly.

"Ran into some undead during the supply run. I'm okay," Lauren says.

"You came just in time," I said.

Lauren sets her armor on a chair in the corner of the room as she walks over to me. "You took the test?" She asks.

"Yeah," I said.

She takes it from me and stares at it, swallowing hard. "Positive," Lauren says softly.

She drops her hand at her side and I reach over to take the test, dropping it on the bed before I grab her hand.

"Are you scared?" I ask.

"Are you?" Lauren asks.

I cup her cheek with my free hand as I bring our foreheads together. "I always wanted to be a mother, this apocalypse didn't change that, and then I met you, and well... Let's just say I fell hard. I'm not going to lie to you but I have sometimes fantasized about what our future could be," I said.

Lauren smiles as she moves and wraps her arms around my waist. "If it weren't for you I will still be stuck in the past. Stuck in the love I had for my previous wife who I knew would have never come back," She says.

"I'm glad we're having this kid," I said.

Lauren pulls away slightly from me and looks down at my belly. She looks into my eyes before kneeling as she lays her head on my stomach, her hands caressing my thighs. "I will make sure nothing ever happens to you, to the kid," Lauren says.

I smile as I run a hand through her hair. "I know you will," I said.

Lauren kisses my belly and stands back up to then kiss me on the lips. "Let's go get you to Ally. Andrew says they do have an ultrasound machine," She says.

At the infirmary, Ally hooks Camila up to the machine as Andrew, Gerald, and I stand to the side.

"So you guys are two weeks married and now you guys are pregnant," Gerald speaks.

After Lauren and I decided we are officially married, all of Alexandria thew a party for us hosted by none other than Andrew and Gerald.

"Gerald, we told you that we suspected that I may get pregnant," I said.

"You guys did. Sorry, I'm just protective. It comes naturally," Gerald says.

"Gerald, we're in-laws," Lauren says.