A Win And A Loss

Camila's POV

Lauren park the truck backward before getting out and climbing on the back.

"Everyone! I know it's movie night tonight for all of you but I wanted to talk to you. Eyes on me," Lauren speaks up.

The movie gets paused as even the Elites gather to hear.

I get out of the car as I lean against it, looking up at Lauren with a smile.

Lauren smiles at me before she puts on a serious face, turning her attention back at her community of people. "Tonight I was held hostage in the Lost Blood community," Lauren begins.

Everyone starts to murmur at this, horrified to hear that their leader was in danger once more.

"I was fine everyone. I got captured with one of my newest Elites who protected me until my main Elites strategized a rescue mission to rescue me and the brave Elite, Camila Cabello," I said.

When she gestures towards me, I climb up to be beside her.

"As you all heard, my main Elites infiltrated the Lost Blood community and they only just didn't do that. We all together took the Lost Blood community down," Lauren says.

Zayn and the other four step up as the whole Empire community looks shocked, grateful, or both.

"You will not have to worry about James and his Killers. Enjoy this night, it's ours," Lauren says.

That earns claps and roars as Lauren and I get down from the truck and walk over to her building.

"Why didn't you tell them that James is out there?" I ask.

"I don't want to worry them. That's my problem and my Elites. To protect the normal civilians," Lauren stops walking to face me. She cups my cheek and brings me closer. "And you don't worry either. Ever since... I let you in... I want to protect you the most," She says.

"Lauren..." I place my hand above hers.

"Come on. Let's go to sleep," Lauren smiles softly.

Lauren's POV

I don't know what time it is but I feel some start to shake me.

I slowly open my eyes and that's when the loud noises fill my ears.

"Lauren!" Camila shakes me.

I sit up and look around. "What? What's wrong?" I ask.

I look at her to see that there's ash on her and through the window, behind her, I see my entire community set ablaze.

I get out of my bed and I start to put my armor on. "What happened?" I ask.

"The gates were open. We're guessing someone crashed into them to open them. Then they set everything ablaze, fled right after," Camila says.

"Has to be James that caused this," I grab my rifle.

"No witnesses. They killed all the guards on the gates," Camila says.

"Anyone? Did you save anyone?" I turn to look at her.

Camila's face drops as she shakes her head sadly. "They got swallowed by the fire. But the doctors, your inner Elites, and the new people managed to get out. They are all waiting for us in the woods behind the community," Camila says.

"Let's go," I said.

We run out of the building as a tear rolls down my cheek when I see my community clearer.

The resources, buildings, cars, the citizens, everything... Destroyed, gone.

"Lauren," Camila touches my arm.

I wipe the tear away and I follow her into a hole they managed to wedge open.

I squeeze through and we run to the woods where everybody else is waiting.

"Thank God, you're okay boss," Zayn is the first to approach me.

"Are you all okay?" I ask.

"Besides the sadness of the situation... Yes," Zayn says.

I turn back to the community as the fire illuminates the night and the smoke covers the stars above.