A Long Adventure

Camila's POV

"Hey, you ready?" I walk into the room Zayn is staying in.

Zayn finishes putting on his armor as he nods. "Before you ask, I'm okay enough to walk," He says.

"It's going to be a long adventure from here to the highway," I said.

"I'll be fine Camila and if not we can rest. Now, let's go, the boss is expecting us," Zayn smiles teasingly.

"Don't. Just don't," I laugh.

After gathering all the supplies at the farm, we all finally take off.

Two hours in, we are still going, sometimes some of us helping Zayn keep up.

"Do you need some time to rest?" I ask Zayn.

"Hell no. If we keep moving all day and all night we may be able to arrive there by tomorrow morning," Zayn says.

"You're not a superhero or something Zayn, you need to rest," Dinah says.

"Let's just keep going before we start assuming," Zayn says. Once he says that, he winces as he clutches an arm around his abdomen.

"Do you need pain killers?" Normani asks.

"I think that'll be nice," Zayn says.

I walk over to Niall and open his pack as I take out the pill bottle of painkillers. I drop two into my palm, close the bottle back up, put it back in Niall's backpack, and zip it up. I walk over to Zayn and drop the two pills in his palm as I grab his water bottle and hand it to him as well.

Zayn drops the pills into his mouth and swallows them before gulping water. "Thanks," He tells me.

"I don't want to tell Lauren that her best friend died," I laugh softly.

"I feel like we're all just hoping to see her. Like if we're some lost pups trying to find their owner," Gerald says.

"She is our leader. It's normal for us to feel like this," Niall says.

"Listen to the doc," Colson says.

"I will certainly feel safer with the boss here but I suppose her Elites will do," Louis says.

"Why did that make me feel happy?" Dinah jokes.

"I wouldn't trust Dinah protecting me," Zayn says

"Bitch please," Dinah scoffs.

"I kinda agree," Ally says.

"You guys can go and be zombie meals," Dinah rolls her eyes.

"I see you as an amazing protector Dinah. I mean, there's a reason why the leader chose her to be part of the Elites," Harry says.

"Yes! Thank you, Harry. Fuck you, Zayn. And fuck..." Dinah trails off as she looks at Ally, "Damn I can't fucking say it to you."

"Let me guess, Ally is one of those people you can't just be rude to or everyone is gonna be up your ass," I said.

"Basically," Dinah says.

Midnight...

"How much you wanna bet that we're lost?" Gerald says.

"Nah, Colson knows how to read maps and knows his way around woods," Dinah says.

I look over at Zayn to see him staring around at the trees.

"Zayn?" I call.

"Hold on, does someone have a flashlight by any chance?" Zayn asks.

"I can see in the dark. Are you looking for something?" I ask.

"Look at that tree, do you see a mark on it?" Zayn says.

He points at a tree consumed in darkness as I look over and see a mark.

"Yeah, I do see a mark on it," I confirm.

"What's the mark?" Zayn looks at me.

"LJ," I said.

He stands up abruptly, not caring that he has a wound. "We need to follow those markings," Zayn says.

"Why? What if it's a trap?" Gerald says.

"No, it's not, can't be, because Lauren lefts those behind," Zayn says.

"What?" My eyes widen at this.