The Empire

Camila's POV

"Sorry about the boss. I'm Zayn by the way. What's your name?" The British boy by the door says once the supposed boss has left.

"Camila. Can I... Can I just have some clothes?" I ask.

"Of course, what's your size?" Zayn asks. He grabs a pen and a notepad and writes down all of my sizes. "I'll be right back," He smiles softly at me.

"So tell us a little bit more about yourself?" Dinah pulls up a chair next to the hospital bed and sits down on it.

"I had a family. My mother, my father, my younger sister, and my older brother but I don't even know where they are," I frown.

"They are probably..." Dinah trails off.

"What were those things out there?" I ask.

"The undead," Liam answers.

"The undead? How did it happen?" I ask.

"A virus broke out about 3 years ago now and it started to infect people, spreads throughout the brain. The virus reanimates dead bodies if you didn't shot or stabbed the head. If you get bit then you get infected as well," Liam informs.

"The undead feed on animals, humans, basically anything that has flesh. They get attracted by any kind of sound like a gunshot, a scream, a horn, an explosion. They can even get attracted if there are fires," Colson adds as he twirls a knife in his hands.

"Oh..." I nod.

The infirmary door opens and Zayn walks in with a bag full of clothes. "Here's everything, undergarments, shoes, jeans, and a shirt," Zayn hands me the bag.

I take the bag and smile softly at him, "Thank you."

"You're welcome and the boss wants to see you when you're done getting dressed," Zayn says.

"There's a room back here," Doctor Horan points down the hall.

I get up from the hospital bed and I smile thankfully at him. I go into the room Doctor Horan pointed me at and I close the door behind me. I take out the clothes making me chuckle softly as I start to get changed. Zayn has good taste.

Once I'm done putting on the clothes, I put the old, dirty hospital gown in the bag and I tie it. I open the door and walk over to where everybody is.

Zayn, Dinah, and Liam whistle once they lay eyes on me.

"You clean up nice!" Zayn says.

"Well you have good taste in clothes," I said.

"I'll take you to the boss' office," Zayn walks over and opens the infirmary door. He walks out as I follow him out.

My eyes look around as I see people working on the gardens, others bathing the horses and washing cars, adults teaching children, and people in military armor combat training. "This is quite the place you guys have here," I said.

"That's the Empire and all of its charms," Zayn says.

"Are all of these people combat training part of the military?" I ask.

"Some but the rest were trained from the boss who was part of the military herself," Zayn explains.

"Is that where they got the armor?" I ask.

"Affirmative," Zayn nods. He opens the door of a building and steps aside to let me enter first.

I walk inside to see a boy sitting at a desk reading a book with his feet kicked up.