The Potential Cure

James and his men are heading back to their room after finishing their shift when they see soldiers carrying an unconscious girl, the President, and his private security detail right behind them.

"What is going on there?" Chris asks.

"I don't know but I think I have an idea of what could be happening. I'll go check," James says.

He walks over and catches a tiny glimpse of the soldiers setting the girl up in a hospital bed, inside a medical room.

The security detail lines the wall outside when they notice James.

"Soldier, what are you doing here?" The main security detail guy says.

"I was just curious about what was happening," James says.

"Have you heard that curiosity kills the cat?" The main security detail guy says.

"What is going on out here?" The President walks out.

"This soldier wanted to see what was happening," The main security detail guy says.

The President turns and stares at James. "No other soldier will know what is going on until I call a meeting. Go to your room, soldier," He says.

"Yes, sir," James salutes him. With all his strength, he leaves and walks over to his assigned room.

The President walks back into the medical room and sees that the doctors have arrived.

"Soldiers, exit the room," The President orders.

"Yes, sir!" They all salute and leave the room.

He waits until his main security detail guy closes the door and when he does, the President walks over to the doctors who are doing their job and putting IV bags, a breathing mask, and all other things necessary to keep her alive while Camila is in her current state.

"So what will you be doing?" The President asks.

"Taking whole-body X-rays but specifically more on the brain and some blood tests to see how those show up. Everything we can do medical-wise," The main doctor says.

"I will leave you guys to do your work. Call me in when you are done," The President says.

"Of course, sir," The main doctor says.

The President leaves the medical room and closes the door behind him.

"Sir, we just got word that Miss Jauregui is requesting to see you. But we are worried to let you in there with her," The main security detail guy says.

"Why worried?" The President asks.

"She's been yelling threats, sir," The main security detail guy says.

The President buttons up his suit jacket and sighs. "I'm going to go see her. Soldiers stay here and don't let anyone enter that room," He orders.

"Yes, sir!" The soldiers say.

"Security, with me," The President says.

He starts walking away from the medical room and through the halls, the security right behind him.

Upon the sight of the arrival of the President, the two high-ranked soldiers salute.

"Sir!" They said.

"Why is it quiet?" The President asks.

"She has quiet down for now," The familiar high-ranked soldier speaks.

The President nods and enters the room, the private security detail filing in, two staying beside the President and the rest lining up against the wall.

"Miss Jauregui, you have requested to see me?" The President says.

Lauren looks up and her eyes are red and puffy, as she has been crying but of anger.

"I just didn't want to be a cower so I wanted to say it in your face, when I get out of here I swear I will kill you with my own two hands if you even dare touch my wife," Lauren says.

At the sound of this threat, the two security detail guys beside the President move and pin her against the wall hard, one bringing a knife up and pressing it against her throat.

The President walks a little closer and grips Lauren's jaw. "Your wife will do something great when all of this is over if we can create a cure," The President says.

"'If' is the keyword. What if it doesn't fucking work?" Lauren says.

"We will find out. Either way, it doesn't matter, she will be recognized by saving the world, and you will be dead. Executed for treason," The President says.

"Your threat does not fucking scare me. I will not stop fighting until my wife is safe and sound with me. I will not let you motherfuckers make her into a damn experiment," Lauren seethes.

The President lets go of Lauren and backs away. "Soldiers!" He raises his voice.

The two high-ranked soldiers enter the room and stay quiet, waiting for the President to speak.

"Beat her till the brink of death. The execution will be tomorrow night," The President finally speaks.

"Yes, sir," The two high-ranked soldiers say.

The President whistles and the two security detail guys let Lauren go, the one with the knife purposely sliding the edge against the green-eyed girl's skin, drawing blood before the President and his private security detail leave.

The door shuts behind them leaving Lauren only with the two high-ranked soldiers who waste no time doing what they were ordered to do.

3 hours later...

The President enters the medical room to see Miss Cabello on the hospital bed still unconscious and wired to machines.

"Do you have something that you requested to see me?" The President asks.

"Yes, you would want to hear this Mr. President," The main doctor says.

"Go on," The President says.

Once the doctor is finished explaining, the President walks out and turns to the security detail posted outside.

"I'm calling a meeting, get the word out," The President says.

"Yes, sir," They all said.

The President starts walking away, followed by his security detail, who are talking into their headsets.

Thirty minutes later...

The auditorium is now filled with soldiers as the security detail walks out from behind the curtains, lining up along the back before the President steps out and walks up to the podium.

All the soldiers stand up and salute saying in unison, "Mr. President, sir!"

The President clears his throat into the mic. "Sit, soldiers," He says.

Every soldier obeys and they all sit down as from within the crowd, James ignores everything and everyone and keeps his attention only on the President.

"I know a lot of you are wondering what the whole commotion is about. We have brought the girl in. The special one, the one that can bring humanity back. But we also brought in someone else. She was ex-military and she will be getting executed tomorrow for treason because she went against my word. This traitor and an ex-military, one of our sisters, one that served me once, is named Lauren Michelle Jauregui Morgado," The President says.

The soldiers all shake their heads in disappointment and betrayal as James stares wide-eyed at the President.

"Lauren is here," Chris whispers in James's ear.

"I heard," James whispered.

"As for the special girl, the doctors have run tests and they said that we can create a cure," The President says.

All the soldiers cheer and clap but then it does down when the President doesn't smile or seem at all happy.

"Sadly, for there to be a future for humanity this girl will have to lose one major thing, her own life," The President says.