Alexandria

Camila's POV

"Where are they taking us?" I whisper towards Lauren.

"I don't know but I won't let them hurt you," Lauren whispers.

I can't see but then I feel one of her hands start to caress my jaw.

"I'll be with you," Lauren rests her forehead against mine.

Finally, the vehicle we are in stops as we hear a yell then a gate being open.

The vehicle moves again a couple of seconds after, before stopping once again.

We hear the doors to the vehicle being open as a man hauls me out of the vehicle.

"Take their blindfolds off," A man speaks.

The blindfold over my eyes gets yank off as the sunlight blinds me.

It takes my eyes a couple of seconds to adjust before I look around at my surroundings.

"Welcome!" The western boot-wearing man says with a smile on his lips.

"Where are we?" Lauren asks beside me.

"You're in Alexandria. My community," The man says.

We see the rest of the group get hauled away as the Elites threaten the men hauling them away while my brother screams my name, wanting to get reassurance that I'm okay.

"Sorry but I just wanted to spend the day with Lauren and you," The man looks at us both.

"Who are you and how do you know me?" Lauren asks.

"Andrew Lincoln howdy-do. I know you because your community, The Empire, surely made a name for itself in the past years," The man says.

"Really?" Lauren furrows her eyebrows confusingly.

"Of course. Precisely it's fierce leader, the famous Lauren Jauregui," Andrew says.

"And is this the way you want your first impression on us to be, handling us like animals?" Lauren's face hardens.

"Untie their hands," Andrew says.

Two men move forward and undo the rope tied around our wrists.

Lauren stands up and helps me up right after as she rubs my wrists which are marked and reddened by the rope.

"Are you okay?" Lauren frowns.

"Fine," I nod.

Lauren wraps her arms around my waist as I wrap mine around her neck as we embrace each other for a couple of seconds.

"Can I show you guys around and talk?" Andrew speaks.

"What of the others? Where are they?" Lauren asks

"In one of the houses, I'm assuming you guys will all live together," Andrew says.

"For now," Lauren says.

"Well then, shall we?" Andrew motions behind him.

"Yes," Lauren says.

After he shows us around his community, Andrew finally leads us to his house so we can talk in private.

"Come in," Andrew opens the front door.

Lauren steps inside first, holding onto my hand as I step in right behind her.

"So what do you want to discuss with us?" Lauren asks Andrew.

Andrew doesn't respond as he leads us into the living room and sits down on a sofa as Lauren and I sit down opposite him.

"I wanted to make a partnership between our communities but since yours is... Gone... I wanted to propose you guys stay here. I'm assuming you guys need a sanctuary," Andrew says.

"We do but I don't know... I'm not sure we can trust you especially the way you treated us," Lauren says.

"Then I propose you guys stay here. One night and if not, we'll give you supplies and you can be on your merry way," Andrew says.

"We can stay at least one night, Lauren," I said towards her.

Lauren bounces her legs up and down nervously before letting out a sigh. "Fine. We will take up your offer," She says towards Andrew.

"Perfect. I will tell the chefs to cook you guys up a nice dinner," Andrew smiles.

After Andrew telling us where we could find the house we will take up for the day, Lauren and I walk out of his and on the streets.

"You have that look on your face, what's wrong?" I turn to look at Lauren.

"I don't trust it. Him, this place," Lauren says.

"Come on Lauren. First impressions most of the time aren't great and it's clear he's trying to make up for it," I said.

"We'll see tonight," Lauren says.

Later that night, there's a knock on the front door of the house we're staying in as Lauren and I go to answer it.

"I hope you guys are settling in well," Andrew speaks once the door opens.

"Not yet," Lauren says.

"Dinner is ready. Only the best Alexandria can offer," Andrew smiles.