Bitten

Lauren's POV

I swing the sling of my rifle over my shoulder as I walk over to everybody else waiting by the cars. "Is everything loaded?" I speak.

"Affirmative," Zayn says.

"Camila your riding with me, I'll be leading," I said and get inside of a car.

The passenger door opens and Camila enters the car. "Do I seriously have no say in anything?" Camila speaks.

I turn on the car as I put my rifle between us. "I know I look like a jerk but when it comes to going outside the walls I take everything seriously," I said. The gates open and I start to drive slowly down the road with the other car right behind me.

"So I'm just going to stand there without no weapon?" Camila asks.

"Do you know how to shoot a gun?" I ask.

"No," Camila says.

"Do you know how to handle a knife?" I ask.

"If cutting vegetable counts then yes," Camila says.

I hold back a smile as I take out a knife from my boot. "Here," I hand it over to her.

"Do you seriously have knives in your boots?" Camila smiles.

"I'm always prepared," I said.

After arriving at the hospital, I park the car a little far away as I get out. "We'll be walking from here so we don't draw any attention," I say towards Camila

Everyone walks over to me as they scan the area for any undead.

"All clear," Zayn says.

"Liam and Colson will be taking care of any undead outside since they have the suppressors," I said.

"Yes, ma'am," Both boys said.

We all huddle around Camila as we start to advance on the hospital with military precision.

"The front doors don't work so you'll have to go through the back where the ambulances are," Camila informs.

"Got it," I nod.

"So not to invade but how did Liam get the scar?" Camila asks the boy.

"Got tortured by one of our enemies. Got cut across my eye with a knife," Liam says.

I tense up at the sound of 'enemies'. "Lost Blood," I whisper.

"You guys have enemies called Lost Blood?" Camila questions.

"The sanctuary is called Lost Blood. Just like I have my Elites they have the Killers. The most gruesome killers. They are the ones that torture, kill anything or anyone and they don't care if it's humans or the undead. I've lost so many people to them," I explain. My face falls as I shake my head and I walk further ahead of everybody.

Camila's POV

"Whoa. She sounded heartbroken while talking about this Lost Blood place," I whispered to the others who are now walking normally.

Zayn frowns as he stares at Lauren who's a few feet in front of us. "It's not right for me to tell but the Lost Blood community kidnapped her wife and... Killed her. Right in front of Lauren," Zayn speaks lowly.

"Oh my God..." I whisper.

"They took both Lauren and her one night. They just wanted to send us a message by torturing Lauren and killing one of our own. They wanted us to know who to be afraid of. Lost Blood didn't just do that to us. They did it to any sanctuary nearby," Zayn says.