Escaping The Brawl

Lauren's POV

My Elites push towards us as Camila turns and chops off the head of the zombies closest to her.

"Boss," Zayn runs over to me.

"Well don't you have balls, Malik," I said.

He hands me the extra rifle around his shoulders then throws Camila a pistol. "Stay in between us boss," Zayn says.

I check the ammunition before I put it back in. "Screw that shit. I'm leading," I said.

I walk over to my Elites as Camila and Zayn follow behind me.

"Entrance and exit?" I question.

"It's getting blocked off," Liam says.

"Gun The Killers down," I ordered.

We move as one as we all cover each other and shoot down any of The Killers in our way.

"Grenade!" Colson yells.

At that, my Elites go and take cover as I grab Camila and pull her over somewhere for cover as I land on top of her.

"Damn, quick thinking," Camila says.

"Experience and practice," I said.

I cover Camila with my body as the grenade explodes and debris flies everywhere.

"This would have been hot if we weren't in this situation," I whisper. I get off from on top of Camila and peak over from where we're hiding.

Then there's a gunshot making me duck my head as I curse under my breath.

"Sniper!" I yell so my Elites can hear me.

"Where?!" Zayn yells.

I slightly peak over but then the sniper shoots where I'm hiding again.

"I don't know!" I yell.

"I see him," Camila says.

"What do you mean?" I turn to look at her.

"I can see him through the dark," Camila says.

I blink multiple times confusingly as I examine Camila. "Did you just develop a new ability?" I question.

"I think so. Or maybe I always had this ability," Camila says.

"Where is he then?" I ask.

"He's inside the watchtower at the window," Camila says.

"The destroyed one?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'll distract him," Camila says.

She begins to move but I stop her and pull her back down towards me.

"No, I'll go," I said.

"I have the armor," Camila says.

I cup her cheek and peck her lips. "Okay. Be careful," I said.

"Always. Watch my back," Camila says. She peaks and looks over at the watchtower. Camila stands up and walks out into the open. "Hey! I know your up there in the watchtower, put your sights on me," She speaks up.

"Camila! What are you doing?" Zayn speaks.

I look over at him and give him a signal making him nod.

Camila's POV

The guy shoots at me but I dodge to the side so the bullet hits the ground.

"Oh come on! That's some shitty ass aim," I yell up at him.

He shoots at me again and again but I continue to dance around his shots.

I see that he is reloading and I take my chance as I run over to the watchtower and climb up as I enter the window.

The guy throws his sniper down and swings but I roll so I'm now behind him as I kick him in the shins making him stumble and scream.

I kick the legs out from under him as I grab my katana and stab him through the stomach.

The guy gasps as he hovers his shaky hands over the blade before he falls dead.

I pull my katana out and I climb back down the watchtower to see everybody else waiting for me by the hole where they entered.

"Where's Lauren?" I ask.

"Getting her armor," Zayn says.

"And you left her all alone?" I ask.

"She can take care of herself," Zayn says.

"Well while we are here, we should see if there's anymore Killers around," Liam says.

"You guys go do that. I'm gonna look for James," I said.

"Not alone. I'm coming with you," Gerald says.

"I'll go find Lauren," Zayn says.

"Colson, let's go with Liam," Dinah says.

"Everybody make sure to give an update," Zayn points to his walkie-talkie.

Gerald and I run over to the main building as we burst in but it's empty.

"They got him out. Do you know the structure of this place?" I ask my brother.

"There should be a warehouse in the back used as an exit in case of emergencies," Gerald says.

"Lead the way," I said.

Gerald talks into his walkie talkie and everyone confirms to meet us there.

At the warehouse in the back, everybody re-groups and confirms.

"No more killers out here they must be in there," Liam says.

"Got my military armor back," Lauren smiles.

"Looking good boss," Zayn says.

Lauren looks over at me and I give her a smile and a secretive wink.

"Okay! James has to be in there if everywhere else is clear," Gerald says.

"Well then, less talking and more hurrying the fuck up," Lauren says.

Liam and Colson move forward as they pull on the chains as the warehouse gate slowly lifts open.

Inside, the monster trucks from the other day are sitting there, and when the door opens completely, the lights of the trucks turn on.

"You motherfuckers!" James walks to be in front of the truck lights.

"This sends a message to you to not mess with-"

Lauren holds a hand up to Zayn and he stops talking immediately.

"How long have I waited to see this scene. Your community ruined, you vulnerable without any men to protect you," Lauren speaks.

"I still have enough men to come back and ruin you," James says.

He gets into one of the trucks and they all take off driving into the dark.

"Did... Did you just..." Zayn stutters.

"James may have balls but he was never able to beat me. Beat us," Lauren turns to look at us.

"Yeah, and he said he will be back to ruin you," Dinah says.

"That is a threat I will not take lightly. I will be on full alert and increase the security. But right now we have something bigger to worry about," Lauren says.

"And that is?" I ask.

"Rescue anyone we can. The innocent people that are here. Any that are loyal to James either pledge loyalty to me or if they don't... Kill them," Lauren says.