Tasks

Normani's POV

Everyone leaves with their assigned person of Andrew's group as Dinah, Ally, and I walk off with Melissa towards a building.

"This is where all our supplies are. Food, water, medical, even weapons, ammo," Melissa explains.

"Do you need help identifying exactly what kind of medicines you all have?" Ally asks.

"That will be so helpful," Melissa says.

"I can help with weapons if you need help with that," Dinah says.

"I know my way around weapons but I'm probably no expert like you," Melissa says.

"Let's just say my boss gave us weapon classes," Dinah says.

"I'll go with you," Melissa says.

"I'll jotting down food and water," I said.

"And me the medical as I said," Ally says.

Ally and I go off in the same direction as Dinah and Melissa go to the weaponry part of the building.

Halfway through us jotting down the name of supplies and how much there is of it, I turn to Ally.

"Hey Ally, can I ask you a question?" I ask hopefully.

"Of course. What's up?" Ally turns to look at me, pushing her glasses more up her nose.

"I... Uh... Does Dinah like girls?" I ask.

Ally looks at me wide-eyed until she starts laughing making my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"I'm sorry but is that even a question? Dinah is the gayest motherfucker I have ever met in my whole life even more than Lauren, Camila, Harry, and Louis," Ally says. Her laughter dies down as she continues to jot down supplies. "But I don't know if she's looking for a relationship. This whole apocalypse has her scared that she can lose someone so easily. But maybe the right person can change her opinion on that," Ally says, smiling brightly at me.

We fall silent as we continue with our task, some part of me having hope that maybe I can have a chance with Dinah.

Louis's POV

I wipe away the sweat on my forehead as I dig out a small hole and plant some seeds in then pile the dirt back on top as Halsey waters the spot.

"So what do you think of her so far?" Halsey whispers.

We both look over to see Cohan a couple of feet away who's picking ready tomatoes.

"She isn't so bad. This place isn't so bad. But I depend on Lauren so much. I don't care if Andrew is the leader of this community, Lauren will remain as mine and if Andrew tries to take that away then it's gonna start a hella war," I said.

"Lauren is still our leader. We just comply with Andrew by calling him our governor because he gave us a safe place to stay," Halsey says.

"Hey, how is the planting going?" Cohan walks over to us with a smile on her face.

"Good! I've never farmed before but maybe I'll get there," I said.

"Let's keep going then," Cohan moves her short hair to the side.

Gerald's POV

"Let me get this straight, you all teach children how to fight and use weapons?" I ask Chandler.

"Yes. I'm a teenager myself and I had to learn the hard way. I lost my family and then Andrew took me in. We go way back. He sorta became my father," Chandler says.