Lost Blood

Lauren's POV

A loud horn goes off as I walk over to the front wall where all of my Elites have their weapons raised.

I walk up the stairs and I peer out to see three monster trucks parked outside.

"Lost Blood..." I whisper.

"What is this?" Camila walks over to me.

"This is the Lost Blood community and that man right there is their leader," I said.

A man gets out of the front truck as he climbs up the cargo bed. "Lauren Jauregui!" He calls out with a smile on his lips.

"James fucking Franco!" I raise my voice.

"Oh come sweetheart don't be so hateful towards me," James says.

"I should kill you that's what I should do!" I said, my voice mixed with hatred and sadness.

At the sound of that, all of the men in the trucks get out and raise their weapons towards us, fingers on the triggers.

"I just want to talk. Make a trade," James speaks up.

"What do you want from me?" I ask.

"I need some workers cause I... Lost some," James says.

"Lost? Are you sure your maniac killers didn't murder them?" I ask.

"Some undead somehow got inside the walls and killed about twenty people," James says.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh. "What do I get in return?" I ask.

"What do you desire?" James asks.

"For you to leave me and my community the fuck alone," I said.

"That's not neighborly," James says more seriously.

"There may not be any rules anymore but I don't associate with killers," I said.

"We kill to survive that is all that is left in this world," James says.

"Do we have a deal? I give you some workers and you leave me and my community alone forever," I said.

James gives Lauren a death glare before he nods slowly. "We have a deal," He says.

"I'll be right back," I said. I turn to Camila and I lower my voice. "Follow me," I said.

"For?" She walks down the stairs with me.

"I don't want to give him any of my people. They don't deserve to be in that place. I need you to turn four undead back into humans," I said.

"And you're just going to let those people go into that horrible place?" Camila whispers angrily.

"Everybody here has a family," I said.

"I... I... Okay," Camila nods slowly.

I take her into a warehouse where four undead are chained up.

"Did you already have this setup?" Camila asks.

"I was going to make you turn them either way. They were former Empire residents," I said.

Camila walks over to the first one and hesitates at first but then she bites it in the neck.

She does that to the other three and soon they all start coughing up blood before going limp.

Five minutes have passed and all four finally wake up looking confused.

"Lauren?" A male speaks up.

"We know you guys are confused but put these clothes on and meet me outside when you guys are done," I said.

Once all the newly turned humans finish getting change they exit the warehouse and follow behind me.

"I know you guys are confused but welcome back to the land of the living," I said.

"Where are we going?" A female asks.

"I am very sorry, that is all I'm gonna say," I said.

We finally arrive back at the gates and Zayn and Gerald open them.

I push all four newly turned humans forward and James gets down from behind the truck.

He walks over to me and smiles dashingly. "Why thank you, Lauren," He says.

"I completed my part," I said.

"And I will complete mine," He says. James turns to his man and motions to the people behind him. "Load them in the trucks," He says.

Four men move forward as they roughly grab the four people and load them into the trucks.

"Well then, I suppose we are off but... I can't leave without a parting gift," James says.

He pulls out a gun and shoots one of the Elites on the wall in the head as they fall dead.

James laughs cruelly and walks back over to the trucks as he gets in and the trucks leave.

I rush up to the walls and kneel next to the man as I rest a shaky hand on his chest armor. "Fucking hell!" I yell.

"What the hell was that?" Camila asks.

"A negotiation with the devil himself," I said.