Pairing Off

Camila's POV

There are only three rooms in the house we're staying in, Lauren and I in one, Niall and Ally in another, and Louis and Harry in the other, the rest are camping out in the living room.

I stir in bed and stretch out but I couldn't fully due to Lauren's arm wrapped around me.

I lay my head on her shoulder as I place my hand on her chest, staring at the blank wall in front of me.

We all stayed up late last night because Andrew was helping us settle into the community and after that, the group started discussing, more like arguing, about trusting Andrew or not and why did Lauren chose to agree to stay here, well for that last one my brother mainly argued about it and then he shut up when I took the blame since I kinda did tell Lauren to take that decision. And now here we are, on our first official day as Alexandrians as to how Andrew called us last night during dinner.

Suddenly, a ding goes off throughout the house, I didn't know that there was a doorbell, and if I did, how does it still work?

The doorbell goes off again as I hear Lauren mumble, probably curse words.

"It's probably Andrew," I said when I hear her mumble 'who could that be'.

"I'm fucking killing him," Lauren mumbles.

"I'll go answer it. I can sense nobody else will," I said.

And it's no lie, the doorbell is still ringing and nobody has answered it yet.

"I'm killing those motherfuckers downstairs," I said.

"I understand them. I don't want to get the fuck up either," Lauren mumbles. She turns to lay on her stomach as she stuffs her face into the pillow.

I smile as I walk over to her and kiss the back of her head before walking out of the room and down the stairs.

I check the living room, some of them are awake but not bothering at all to answer the door.

"You guys can go to hell," I said.

Some flick me off, may I say, aka Dinah, and some laugh it off.

I open the front door and indeed Andrew is waiting outside leaning against the doorway.

"Good morning," Andrew says.

"It's so early. Is something wrong Governor?" I ask.

"No, but I came here to advise you guys to get ready. Everyone here has tasks to do and y'all have your first ones today," Andrew says.

He's more serious, like the leader he Is supposed to be, there's no hint of a single smile on his face, and let me tell he looks equally as menacing as Lauren does but she probably looks even more.

"I will advise everyone else," I said.

"I will await you guys by the front gate," Andrew says and walks away.

I close the front door and I turn to see Lauren coming down the stairs.

"Was it indeed Andrew?" Lauren asks.

"Yeah," I nod.

"What did he want?" Lauren asks.

"We have tasks to do, apparently," I said.

Lauren's lips form into a scowl as she walks into the kitchen with me right behind her.

"See, in the Empire, the residences got a choice to work. Seems we're forced here," Lauren says.

"Maybe he's testing us?" I said.

She grabs a glass and then a pitcher of water as she fills the glass. "Maybe," Lauren says.