The Fate Nearing

A/n

Hey, guys I just wanted to say that there will four more chapters after this one before this book finishes. Hope you guys enjoy the next few chapters because they will be packed with action

----------

The next day...

The President walks down the hallways flanked with his security detail as they make their way to the interrogation room.

The two high-ranked soldiers are standing outside, guarding the door and when they see the President they straighten their posture and salute him.

"Mr. President, sir!" They both said.

"Soldiers. Open the door," The President says.

The soldiers obey and one of them opens the door to reveal Lauren hanging her head down, bruises visible and open scars with dry blood staining parts of her body.

"Is she alive?" The President asks.

"I'm hard to fucking kill asshole," Lauren speaks, her voice hoarse.

"Ah, good! Today is the day, Miss Jauregui," The President says.

"For what?" Lauren asks.

"Your execution is today, did you forget?" The President raises an eyebrow.

"Fucking kill me but let my wife go," Lauren hisses.

"I can't do that. The surgery to create the cure is currently underway, right at the same time as your execution. Which is right now," The President says.

At that, the two high-ranked soldiers walked into the room and unlock the heavy steel handcuffs as they firmly hold on to a struggling Lauren.

"Call a meeting. The execution will be happening out back in the yard," The President turns to his security detail.

They obey and start talking into their headsets as they and the President follow the soldiers as they haul Lauren out who still fights against them with every bit of strength she still has left.

"Wait, can I... Can I see my wife? Please," Lauren pleads.

"Stop," The President says.

The soldiers stop moving, restraining Lauren as the President walks to be in front of her.

"You won't be able to see her because they are preparing her for the surgery, to take the developed virus out and use it to develop a cure," The President says.

"Please, you can kill me, but once you're done with her let her go, safely," Lauren says.

The President shakes his head and his expression turns gloomy. "I'm sorry to say but the procedure they will be doing is going to be in the brain which is where the virus has developed and it's a complicated procedure. There's a high risk she can die," The President says.

"What?!" Lauren's eyes widen.

She starts struggling even more making the high-ranked soldiers take out their pistols and point them at her head on each side.

"Take her away," The President says.

The high-ranked soldiers nod and start leading her back down the hallways and before they round the corner Lauren yells...

"Stop! Don't do the procedure! Camila is pregnant!"

The President stares wide-eyed at the corner they disappeared off to.

"Mr. President, sir?" The main security detail guy speaks.

"All you go out to the yard. I'm gonna pay a visit to the doctors," The President says.

"Sir-"

"Do as I ordered!" The President raises his voice.

"Yes, sir," The main security detail guy says.

The security detail walks around the corner where the soldiers disappeared off to as the President walks towards the medical room where the doctors are preparing or about to start the procedure.

The President opens the door and the doctors stop what they are doing.

Camila is on a new bed as a bright light shines down on her, instead of her clothes she's in a hospital gown and she is strapped to even more machines.

"Mr. President, you can't be here. We are preparing for the surgery," The main doctor says.

"I have something to tell you that can probably complicate the procedure," The President says.

"More than it already is?" The main doctor asks.

"Sadly," The President says. He walks closer and stares at Camila's stomach. "This girl is pregnant," The President says.

The doctors stare wide-eyed at the President before they hear an explosion as the building shakes.

Red warning lights flash and a loud alarm blares as the intercom goes off saying, "Warning! We are under attack," and it keeps repeating that message over and over again.

The doctors and the President crouch as things fall off the counters.

"Continue what you're doing and don't stop!" The President says.

Outside, in front of the White House, the entrance got exploded open as dead soldier bodies lay on the ground, blood pooled around them.

"Let's go! Play it smart, Lauren and Camila are our main priorities. Kill anyone who gets in our way. Don't show mercy," Andrew says.