Epilogue

A/n

And this is when our apocalyptic journey comes to an end. I can't say how much I have enjoyed writing this story and I hope you guys enjoyed it so much. I love you guys and I will see you in other books. Enjoy and thank you for all the comments and votes ❤

-----------

One year later...

Camila's POV

I stare down at my couple-month-old son who is bundled up in his winter clothes and blanket as his green eyes shine against the soft light the sun provides.

"Oh, my beautiful hijo, how much you remind me of your mother," I whisper.

I hear footsteps behind me and I turn around to see Zayn and Gerald walking towards me.

"Morning, Cam," Gerald says.

"Good morning, G," I said.

"Hey! There's our little Elite," Zayn says.

I smile as I place my son in Zayn's arm who cradles him while stroking his cheek.

"I still can't believe how much he looks like her," Zayn says.

"I know," I said.

"Hey, are you okay?" Gerald touches my shoulder.

"I just... I miss her," I sniff.

"Hey, we all do but she'll be back," Gerald says.

"She lost her father figure that day and she doesn't know how to deal with the lost," Zayn says.

"But she has me and Andrew here. I don't like her making trips every month to Washington for an entire week, especially all by herself," I said.

"She should be coming back by the end of the week, trust us, she's hard to kill," Zayn says.

Two days later...

I get out of bed, shivering, as I hear the loud cries of Andrew from down the hall.

I grab Lauren's jacket from the chair and throw it on as I open the door and walk down the hall, entering Andrew's nursery. "Good morning, Drew," I said. I pick him up in my arms and sit down on the rocking chair as I begin to breastfeed Drew.

I stroke his hair, rocking back and forth on the chair as I watch Drew drink hungrily and peacefully, his tiny fist resting against the top of my breast.

"Your mother should be arriving today, Drew. I can't wait to be with her again, I've missed her so much and I know you have to. Hopefully this time I can convince her to stop making these trips to Washington," I speak softly to Drew.

After Drew finishes feeding and I burp him, I change him into his winter clothes right when I hear the house's doorbell go off.

I quickly grab Drew's blanket and leave the nursery, jogging down the stairs. I walk over to the front door and open it.

"Zayn, hey," I said.

"Hey. Get dressed because one of our patrols has caught Lauren's car so it shouldn't take long until she gets here," Zayn says.

"Okay. Take Andrew," I said.

Zayn takes Andrew in his arms and wraps him in his blanket before sitting down on the bench on the porch as I dash up the stairs and into my bedroom.

After changing into warm clothes, I jog back down the stairs and out the front door, closing it behind me.

"Perfect timing, just got a radio call from the gate guards that they are opening the gates up for Lauren," Zayn stands up.