Dinner With The Governor

Lauren's POV

Andrew leads us to a cafeteria that has been reserved for the night just for us.

"Please, take a seat wherever you guys will like," Andrew says as he sits at the head.

I take Camila's hand as we sit beside each other on the right side of Andrew while the rest take seats in the open ones.

"I want to apologize once again but to all of you this time about earlier," Andrew says.

"Apology not accepted. I want to fucking peel your skin off," Gerald says.

"Gerald, stop," Camila says.

"Don't worry miss, he has all the rights to throw threats at me. I will slide it for now but I won't next time," Andrew speaks.

"Camila. Call me Camila," The brunette says towards him.

"Bring out the first course," Andrew raises his voice.

Not even a moment after, three people come in with trays that have plates on them which are full of food.

"And to drink?" Zayn asks.

"Drinks," Andrew raises his voice.

Two other people come out and set down glasses full of wine as the other three finish setting the plates full of food in front of us.

"Do you need anything else, Governor?" One of the people asks Andrew.

"Wait until the second course," Andrew says.

"Actually can I have a glass of whiskey instead? I'm not a wine guy," Zayn speaks up.

A couple of the other guys agree as Andrew orders the people to bring some whiskey glasses.

"If you're asking me for stuff I suppose you guys are getting quite comfortable," Andrew says.

"Not one bit. Mother just taught me to appreciate what someone is offering me," Gerald says as he takes a bite of his food.

I grip Camila's hand under the table as I squeeze it softly.

"We appreciate the hospitality your providing us," I speak.

"I had to apologize for treating you all so badly earlier," Andrew says.

We all start eating in silence as one of the people comes back with a tray of whiskey glasses as they set one in front of the boys and the last one in front of Lauren.

"You don't drink wine either?" Andrew asks Lauren.

"Yes but as of now I need something stronger," Lauren says as she grabs the glass and takes a sip.

After finishing the first course, the people then bring out the second.

Throughout dinner, I explain to the others how Andrew knows out us, about me, about the Empire, and about the reputation it has built.

"I didn't know the Empire's name was spread that wide," Zayn says shocked.

"It was and so was... What's its name... The Lost Blood community," Andrew says.

I immediately tense up as I feel like grabbing my fork and stabbing Andrew with it but Camila squeezes my hand taking me out of my murderous thoughts.

"I'm sorry if I touched a delicate subject," Andrew frowns, clearly noticing how tense I got.

"Can we move on?" I said.

"Yes," Andrew says.

Finally, it's time for dessert as the people set the plates down in front of us and we begin to eat.

Once done, the people come back in and take away all of the dishes.

Andrew clears his throat and wipes the corner of his mouth clean with a napkin. "I hope you guys enjoyed the dinner tonight," He says.

Everyone agrees as all of their defensive postures have been broken down.

"Thank you for all of this," Camila says beside me.

I look down at my lap as I feel Andrew's and Camila's gaze burning into me.

I know they are waiting to hear my answer if we will be staying in this community or not.

"All in favor in staying here, being a part of this community say aye," I speak.

Everyone says 'aye' including Camila beside me as I look up at Andrew who has a bright smile on his face.

"Well then, you can dress me as Governor, welcome fellow Alexandrians," Andrew says.