Chapter 8

Ian's P.O.V

I never thought before that one day I'll find someone, a girl that would put me first. A girl that will give me her time of day. That will be interested in me enough to want to know the real me. That will stay no matter how fucked up my life was. That will give me strength and fight for me. A girl to create memories with, in the real world.

A girl that became fairly quickly a friend of mine.

I don't know if I'm feeling like this because she is the first girl that I've ever talked with for more than 5 minutes or if it's that something she has.

Getting to know Chloe is like a blessing and a curse.

I was fine with just having my two best friends by my side. I never felt the need to make more friends until I met Chloe. I didn't want not to be friends with her. I wanted her in my world. She brings something new and refreshing to my dull life.

I never was a priority for someone, not even my parents. I thought that things will stay forever the same. Every passing year was the same. People always say that don't worry things will change in the future. Yeah, they will, for better or worst though? That's something no one knows. Future doesn't always equal better.

Sometimes life is unfair. I don't get why I should be paying for my parent's mistakes. Why am I the one that has to live their entire life inside their room? Why am I the one not being allowed to make friends? Why am I the one that has to suffer? Why am I the one that can't be loved? Why me?!

Something hitting my window snaps me violently out of my thoughts.

Fuck's sake!

I stand up from my bed and approach the doors only to see a paper looking somehow bird? What the fuck is this? Before I can open my door another two of those hit my doors.

I open the door and pick up the papers looking to the side only to find the only person that could have done this.

Chloe.

"Oh, great you heard me!" She says smiling so wide that it must hurt her cheeks.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I say as I examine the oh, attempted origami I guess looking birds.

"Well, I didn't want to throw small rocks at your doors. I didn't want to be too loud and maybe I would have broken the glass so, I went for something harmless, " she says.

"Dysfunctional looking birds?" I ask, holding one of them up to her.

"Hey! It took me one week to make those, so I'll be able to finally throw them on your balcony. I didn't want to just throw a bunched-up paper that would look like a rock I wanted to give you something more beautiful and creative. A true small piece of art. Origami is harder than I thought though! I plan to have done this like five days ago and that's supposed to be a pigeon," she says, defending herself.

"Why a pigeon specifically?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows. 

What on earth is this girl?

"Because I like pigeons and no, they're not secretly spies for the government. They're just pigeons!" she blurts excitedly.

"What?" I ask. 

"What?"

Omg, I can't it's too late for me to comprehend this.

"Well, failed attempt at them but that doesn't matter. Why did you throw them at my balcony at 2 am?"

"Oh, that's because I need you to get dressed."

"What?"

I rub my forehead hoping that my brain would suddenly understand what this girl is on about.

"I am dressed, " I say.

"Oh, yeah well put a jacket on it's cold outside, " she puts her hands in the pockets of her big puffer jacket to accentuate her point.

"Why? Where are we going?" My brain is now fully awake after hearing the word outside.

"That's for me to know and you to find out. I told you I'll try to make every single one of your paintings come to life starting from tonight!"

I stare at her as words are unable to come out of my mouth. Her eyes are so bright even with so little light from the stars. They're full of excitement and joy.

"So, put a jacket on and sneak out! I'll wait for you at the front gate, " she says before rushing back into her room and shutting her balcony doors.

"Okay, " I whisper to myself.

I can't believe this is happening.

I put on my shoes and grab my big black puffer jacket and keys before slipping my phone into my sweatpants pocket but then I stop as all these different thoughts came crashing onto me.

What am I doing? What if my parents wake up? What if they somehow find out that I went outside? What would be my punishment? How much worse could things get? How much more can they make me hate them? Can I do this?

This is the first time that I'll be disobeying a rule. A rule that I had for 19 years.

A rule I never had the courage to break before.

Fuck it!

I can't expect anything to change if I keep on going with just how things are now. 

I slip on my jacket, slowly walking towards the front door. I try to make my footsteps as light as possible, holding my breath out of fear that my breathing might be too loud. I slip the key into the keyhole and take in a breath before biting my lip as I twist the key successfully unlocking the door as quietly as possible.

I stay still for a few seconds just to make sure that my parents didn't wake up.

My heart is racing so fast I can hear it in my ears.

I take another deep breath and pull the door open slowly. After stepping a foot outside the apartment, I once again pull slowly the door closed until I hear the click.

I'm out!

Holy shit that was more nerve-racking than I thought.

I almost never want to do that again, but it also lit a fire in me. An excitement bubble in my chest.

I see Chloe pacing back and forth at the front gate, biting her bottom lip. 

She really was worried that something would go wrong.

Once she hears me approaching her all that nervous energy vanished and instead a big smile took over.

"You made it, " she breaths out, relief evident in her tone.

"I made it."

"Come let's go. The place we're going to is not too far away from here!" She says as she starts walking down the street opposite the one towards our university.

We're strolling side by side with our puffer jackets brushing against each other. I let my eyes wander around taking in all the new views. There're so many terrace houses, so many tall trees. My vision shifts from the stone sidewalk to the leaves of the trees to the girl next to me.

Her head comes up to my chest as the wind blows her hair away from her face revealing her beauty. No words can match Chloe's beauty.

What am I thinking? I shake my head. 

We don't talk, we just walk casually and let the wind be the only swift sound filling our ears along with our footsteps.

"Ian, we're here, " she says softly to me stopping in her tracks.

Okay, then let's see what our first memory in the outside world will be.

A/N

And so the adventures in the real world begin...

Do you like pigeons?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you again tomorrow.

Feel free to comment & vote ❤️

Hope you have a nice day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️