Chapter 36

Ian's P.O.V

The soothing scent of coconut engulfing my smelling senses keeps me calm. 

I don't know how long I've been lying awake here just thinking about everything. I didn't bother checking the time when I woke up. The lack of windows in this room also makes it more difficult for me to determine the time.

I continue brushing my fingers through the soft strands of hair on Chloe's head as I lay awake next to her. This sofa is not the most comfortable thing to sleep on, yet weirdly enough, I had one of the best sleep I've had in forever. I didn't wake up, not even once, throughout the night and neither did I have a nightmare, in fact, I didn't dream anything last night and that's how I prefer it.

I was nervous at the beginning to share a space to sleep with Chloe and a part of me wanted her to feel the same way, so I'll go to the other room. I knew though that if I did go, I wouldn't be able to catch a glimpse of sleep. I would probably be lying awake all night, turning and twisting my body in various positions trying to get comfortable while my head was too busy with thoughts of Chloe like now.

It felt nice having her in my arms last night. It feels nice having her body so close to mine keeping me warm and her smell keeping me relaxed. It has my heartbeat rising faster though and my mind fills with thoughts, ones I shouldn't have.

I shouldn't be thinking about her in that way. Chloe is my friend. It won't end up well for me or us if I continue to think this way. I don't want to cross a boundary that could potentially end our friendship if she doesn't feel the same way.

She became a big part of my life, an important one. It's quite funny that at the beginning I wasn't interested in speaking with her and now a few months later I can't imagine my life without her.

I never got turned on by anyone before. I never thought about having sex either. I knew that it would have come into my life way later on due to the rules my parents put on me. Whatever she's doing to me, I need to try my best to ignore it.

Maybe we could've been something more in another life but for this one, I think we're stuck as friends.

Chloe stirs up, twisting her body around so she's facing me. Her eyes stay close for a few more minutes as she places her hand on my lower stomach and moves her head on my upper arm.

God damn it, Chloe!

I swift my gaze from her to the ceiling whilst continuing to caress her hair. Is going to be more difficult than I originally thought to ignore this burning feeling in my stomach.

"Morning, " she says so softly to me that it made me close my eyes for a second before responding.

"Good morning or at least I think it's morning."

She reaches down without leaving my arms to check the time.

"It's 10," she mumbles.

"That's good, we could probably leave now from here, " I say, not making any move to leave.

"Did you sleep well?" She asks me.

"Yeah, surprisingly, you?" I nod, turning my gaze to hers.

She's already looking at me with a small smile on her beautiful face. 

"I slept great but then again I can sleep anywhere if I'm feeling tired enough, " she says chuckling.

Her face is so close to mine and her eyes staring at me with so much emotion and... I need to stop thinking like this.

I clear my throat and grab her hand on my stomach, pushing it away gently before shifting so I'm sitting on the couch.

"That's good to know, but we should get going now. I'm sure you have things that you need to do, " I say, putting my shoes back on.

"Oh, yeah, you're right, " she says standing up.

"I have to go buy Elise a present."

"For what?" I ask, putting on my jacket.

"For her birthday, it's coming up next week and I need to get her something now before I forget and try to buy her something last minute, " she says, tying her shoelaces.

"When is her birthday exactly?" I ask slowly, playing with the zipper of my jacket.

"It's on the 21st why?" She chuckles, grabbing her bag and stepping closer to me.

"Oh, no reason just asking, " I clear my throat and grab my bag ready to leave but before I could do so she places her hand on my upper arm stopping me.

"When it's your birthday? I just realize that I never asked you before, " she raises an eyebrow.

"My birthday is on the 24th of January, " I say, smiling sadly.

"So next week as well, omg! Why didn't you tell me that? I have to get you a present as well, " she started rambling and I put both of my hands on each of her shoulders to stop her from talking.

"You don't need to buy me a present, I didn't say this so you would."

"Well yeah, of course, but anyway we should do something special together to celebrate, " she says, smiling so wide at me it lights up the whole fucking room.

"What do you mean by that?" I remove my hands and take a step back, so I can rest against the door.

"I mean that we should go somewhere either with your friends or just the two of us if you have already planned something else with them, " she says.

"They're going to come by for a few hours in the evening we could do something else before if you want? " I ask her.

"Actually, can they come earlier to visit you? I already have something special in my mind and it's going to take us some time to go there, " she bites her lips looking at her shoes.

"I can ask them to come in the morning or midday, " I say.

"Perfect! Now let's get home, " she says excitedly, grabbing my wrist and dragging me out.

Yeah, let's go back to the apartment.

A/N

What do you think Chloe is planning for Ian's birthday? She said is something special, any ideas? 👀

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Feel free to comment & vote, it means a lot to me ❤️

Hope you have a great week! Xx

All the love - M ❤️