Chapter 62

* 3 weeks later *

"Thank you, " I say to the lady behind the tilt as I grab the bouquet of roses I got for Chloe.

It's international women's day today, so I thought I should get something for her. I also grabbed a card cause I want to write something nice, but I still haven't got any ideas. I'm not a poet or a romance expert, so I find it quite difficult to think of something romantic to write. Maybe I'm thinking too hard about it. I should just sit down once I get back and write whatever comes to my mind. 

I'm thinking of texting my aunt as well, but I'm a bit sceptical. I don't know what the reaction will be, I don't even know if she'll respond. I had a good relationship with her when I was young since she used to take care of me a lot, so maybe she'll be happy to hear from me again.

I push the door open, glad to have peace without my parents around. I place the flowers on my desk as I sit down and grab the card, laying it open in front of me. I reach out and grab a black pen, twirling it between my fingers as I lean back on my chair trying to think what I should write.

"To the most important woman in my life,

Happy international women's day my love! You have no idea how grateful I am for having you in my life, you truly are my very own star that lights up my world."

Fuck! Is that weird to say? Is that cheesy? I rub my forehead with my fingers trying to calm myself down. I'm getting too stressed about this. I'll just write something to finish it.

"I'm sorry, I'm not that great with words - Ian xx"

Yeah, whatever is not great but at least is authentic.

I should text her to meet me on her balcony. I grab my phone and type quickly, hoping that she's at home.

"Come to your balcony Juliet" -I

"Already there Romeo" - C

Oh, that's great!

I pick up the bouquet and the card, stopping only for a second to check myself in the mirror. Ugh, my hair is a mess! I try to push it down and then fluff it up and I just give up. Once I step onto my balcony, I immediately turn my head to the side seeing Chloe standing there with her hands on the fence, watching the unusual bright sky.

Her short hair is tucked behind her ear with a few hair clips, showing her beautiful face and diamond stud earrings. She is wearing a strappy plain black bodycon dress with a white roll-neck underneath. A gold chain in the shape of hearts sits around her waist as her feet are staying warm in her white trainers.

"So, did you just want to see me, or did you have another reason why you called me here?" She asks, turning her head towards me.

"Both actually, " I extend my gifts towards her, seeing her eye widen for a split second before excitement fills them.

She grabs them off my hands and brings the flowers close to her nose, sniffing them. She must have liked the smell because it brings a smile to her face. She holds them close to her chest with her arm as she opens the card and reads it.

I watch her face carefully, wanting to catch every single little movement. I bite my lip and shove my hands into the pockets of my black jeans. Seeing her smile widen makes me relax and let out a sigh.

"This is amazing Ian, thank you!" She sends me a kiss with her hand, and I catch it, smiling at her as she giggles.

"I'm glad, cause I wasn't really sure what to write. I've been thinking about it since yesterday," I say.

"Ian, " she interrupts me.

"What you wrote is perfect for me, and just the fact that you decided to spend time on me doing this, really shows me how much you care about me, " she says with a soft smile.

"I'm glad you see it like that cause this is all kinda still new to me, " I say, pointing between us.

"I know, but what you should know is that I don't need huge romantic gestures. For me, it doesn't matter if someone is good at expressing their feelings through words and writing a fucking essay on how much they like their partner cause it doesn't mean they like their partner more than someone who wrote only 20 words for their partner. I like the small simple moves. I like to see that my partner likes me rather than just hear it from them, " her words bring me a sense of comfort.

"And by simple moves I mean, always supporting me, being a shoulder to lean on, helping me with household tasks, buying me crisps out of nowhere and stuff like that, " she says, smiling at me.

"Noted Juliet, " I say making her laugh.

"Now, why don't you hope over, and we can bake brownies and then just chill in my room?" She asks.

"Sure, but what about your parents?"

"They're at work and won't be back until 5 to 6 p.m."

"Okay, babe let's go bake. Do you have the ingredients?" I ask as I carefully jump over to her balcony.

"Yeah, I bought them yesterday, " she says, turning her back towards me.

"Prepare I see, " I say, placing my hand on her lower waist as she leads us to the kitchen.

"For you, always, Romeo," she says, making me squeeze her waist.

She wasn't lying when she said she was prepared. She had all the ingredients and stuff we need laying out on the kitchen counter alongside a book open at that recipe.

"Okay, let's bake some brownies, " I mumble, rolling up the sleeves of my sweatshirt.

So, that's how the next hour went for us. Chloe put some music on and was getting distracted and she would constantly stop to sing the chorus or dance but in the end, we made it.

After the brownies were cooked, we left them to the side to cool off a bit before attempting to take them out. Some stuck on the paper, so we ended up losing some pieces, but most of them ended up looking pretty good.

Chloe made us some hot chocolate and we sat on the couch, watching a movie while eating brownies, thankfully they were delicious. When the movie was over, we just decided to lay on her bed and each of us read a book that we wanted.

It was really nice actually. I found myself always stealing glances at Chloe, watching how she would bite her lips and push her eyebrows together when she got to a stressful part and smile when she got to a happy one, turning the pages with excitement.

I can really imagine us laying like this in our future home, just chilling with each other without needing for us to speak all the time or be doing something more exciting or going out. Spending quality time with one another is the best.

I'm finding myself really falling for her.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed this chill chapter and stay tuned for the next one on Friday as Chloe and Ian go on a small gateway trip and someone pops an important question...👀❤️

Feel free to comment & vote ❤️

I hope you have a nice day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️