Chapter 46

"What the fuck was that?" Frankie asks as he drives us back to my place. 

"I don't know. I just couldn't listen to him anymore, " I say, clenching and unclenching my hand as it feels sore.

My knuckles are all torn up and bloody.

I don't regret punching Jacob. I gave him the chance to shut up, but he didn't, so I shut him up myself.

"Look man, I don't think anyone is really blaming you, we all saw what happened, " Eddie says from the passenger seat.

"Yeah, and I mean you gave him multiple warnings, but he kept going, so it's not your fault, it's just that once you got at it you weren't stopping, " Frankie says, throwing a glance at me through the rear-view mirror.

"I did stop, " I say, turning to look at Chloe sitting on the other side of the car, silently looking out of the window.

She hasn't spoken a word since we got in the car, neither spare me a glance.

"Oh, yeah, you did stop, the only thing it took was just two guys pulling you and a hell of a lot of yelling from six people, not much is it?" Eddie says, rolling his eyes and sliding further down his seat.

"I was just pissed and I exploded. I was going to stop at some point, I wasn't trying to kill him. He hurt me too if you haven't noticed, " I point towards my bruised face.

"Need us to come up with you and help you clean and treat those wounds? He hit you good, " Frankie says as he pulls over outside our place.

"It's okay, I'll take care of him."

I turn my head to the side catching Chloe's gaze for a brief second as she says that.

"Thank you, Chloe, " Eddie says, giving her a nod with a tight lip smile.

"No need to thank me, " she says, grabbing my fingers in a tight grip and opening the car door.

"Night guys, thanks for the ride, " I say before getting out of the car.

"Goodnight guys, " they both say to us and watch us until we get into the building.

We ride the elevator in silence but at least she hasn't let go of my fingers yet.

I've been trying to figure out if she's upset about Jacob's words or angry at me for pouncing on him or maybe she's both.

"I think it's better if we go to my apartment for this and then you can jump from my balcony to yours, " she says, biting her lip whilst keeping her gaze on the floor.

"Yeah, sure, " I say, awkwardly fidgeting with my necklace.

I glance at our hands in the small space between us. Her small hand holds three of my fingers so as to not accidentally hurt me.

We reach our floor and quickly but quietly get into her apartment. It's really late so her parents are fast asleep at this time. She leads us to the kitchen first to grab the first aid kit and then pulls us to her bedroom.

"Sit, " she points to her bed after letting go of my fingers and I do as she says.

She puts the bag down and takes her jacket off before helping me with mine.

Those punches hurt like a bitch, Frankie wasn't lying when he said Jacob got me good.

She grabs a cotton ball and puts something on it before turning to me and pushing my legs apart, so she'll fit in between them. She grasps my jaw carefully and starts stroking the cotton along my bruises and cuts.

Jacob was wearing two big fucking rings on his hands, and he ended up tearing the skin on my cheekbone a bit. I place my hands on her hips, holding her close to me. I like this position minus the pain I'm in.