Chapter 20

Ian's P.O.V

"Okay, just a little longer," Chloe's voice fills my ears as she holds my hands in her much smaller ones.

"Okay," I say, trying to be a little more patient. 

Chloe tied a soft, thick scarf around my eyes, so I haven't been able to see where she is taking me and honestly it's eating at my soul. I've never been more impatient or nervous in my life before for some reason.

"Okay, stop right here. I need you to take off your shoes first, here I'll help you if you need it," she says, letting go of my hands so I can squat down and untie my shoelaces.

"Oh, socks too," she quickly adds.

She helps keep me steady as I take off my shoes and socks and puts them to the side before grabbing my hands again.

"Oh, what the fuck is this!?"

Fucking hell, man!

Beneath my feet is something that I can only describe as very fine salt. I can't come up with anything else but that or like a powder, something like that.

"Stop laughing at me, that scared the shit out of me!"

My words have the opposite effect on her as I hear her melodic laughter intensify and the grip, she had on my hands tightens.

"I'm sorry," she says, as she comes down from her laughter.  

"Whatever," I mumble.

"So, I thought that you would really like this because it was one of your bigger paintings. I couldn't take us to that actual place you draw because it's 2 hours away plus, I think it wouldn't be as nice at this hour as maybe at sunset or sunrise even. So, I tried my best to recreate the feeling of it as best as I could in this space," her delicate fingers come around my head to untie the scarf as she speaks.

"Okay, here we go," she says, removing the scarf from my eyes.

I need to blink a few times to adjust to the dim lighting of the almost all-glass wall room. Once my eyes adjust my jaw drops.

Holy...fuck! Wow!

I look down to see sand underneath my feet and as I raise my gaze in the middle comes the view of a medium size pool. The wall across from us is all made of glass having a view of the city in all its glory. Landers sitting on the sand on either side of the pool with led lighted candles inside them, giving off the amazing warm glow that illuminates the room with just the right amount of light.

"How...how?" I turn to look at Chloe seeing her look at me with that look in her eyes again, the unreadable one.

"Felix stays at this apartment building so, I asked him if he could rent out the pool for us for  3 hours and he pulled through. I then just bought sand and landers and candles and place them around, I wanted this to feel special and I'm glad it does," her lips curling upwards as she talks.

"It is special," my voice barely coming out as a whisper.

"So, what do you say we get in, and don't worry I won't let you drown," she says, winking at me before walking barefoot towards the pool.

Is only now that I notice that underneath that big puffer jacket she wore when we were outside is a flowy sundress. It's a sleeveless deep v on the front black dress.

"Are we getting in with our clothes?"

I hope she says yes to that because I don't know how I'll get a grip on myself otherwise.

"I would advise you to strip down to your underwear cause water with jeans and hoodie don't go well together but don't worry I'll keep my dress on," she smiles before lowering herself down to the pool using the ladder.