Chapter 66

As I open the front door to the apartment, I can already hear my parent's voices coming from the dining room. 

"Finally," my father says as we approach the dining area.

"We've been waiting for you to have dinner together where were...," my mother's words are cut short as her eyes fall to our intertwined hands between our bodies.

"Oh, I didn't know we would have company for dinner," she says, shifting her gaze from Chloe to me.

"Yeah, Chloe will be joining us tonight. I'm sure that's not a problem, " I say, smiling at my parents as they both seem to be biting their tongues.

"Of course not! There's plenty of food for all four of us. I'll just put another plate on the table, " she says, leaving us standing there as she goes to the kitchen.

I pull a chair out for Chloe as my father burns holes into my skull. I turn and make eye contact with him as my mother places a plate in front of Chloe.

"Nice to see you again Chloe, " my father says, forcing a smile.

"Nice to see you again too Mr Sakai, " she lies but with that smile she has on her face right now, you wouldn't know that.

"So, where were you two?" My mother asks in an exaggerated sweet tone.

"We were just hanging out in my room, " Chloe says before biting down on the piece of meat pierced in her fork.

"Oh, what were you doing alone together?" My father asks through grind teeth.

"We were reading books actually while listening to music. Don't worry father we always use protection, " I say before taking a sip of my water, watching as my mother coughs.

Seems like food when down the wrong way.

My father stays still as the fork slips out of his hand. He turns and looks at me, giving me a death glare as I basically just announce to him that I broke yet another rule of his.

Chloe places her hand on my thigh and squeezes me. Honestly, if I didn't have her next to me tonight, I probably wouldn't have gone through with this. She gives me that extra push I need to keep going.

She gives me strength.

"Well, at least is nice to hear that you kids are being careful, " my mother says, dropping that sweet tone she had on before.

"And this reminds me, I haven't shared the good news with you, Chloe is officially my girlfriend now, " I say not being able to hide the excitement and smugness in my voice.

I'm really enjoying seeing their moods being torn to shreds, at last, they feel just a little bit of how I've been feeling all this year's trap inside an apartment that never got to feel like home.

"Oh, " my mother says as her fake smile disappears from her face.

"What? Is there something wrong with that?" Chloe asks, turning all her attention to my parents.

"No, sweety that's not it, it's just that we didn't expect this, " my mother says, pointing her finger between us.

"Yeah, Ian was never fond of romance or romantic relationships, " my father says not knowing that Chloe already knows everything about me and how they raised me.

"Are you sure about that?" She asks, raising an eyebrow at him as I try and fail to hide my smirk.

"Well, judging by the fact that he never approached girls before or talked about that with us, I'll say yes, " he explains.

"So, it wasn't the fact you never let me even have the idea of dating?" I say pushing his buttons, angering him even more.

"Nonsense, " he says brushing me off, still not realising that Chloe knows the truth.