Chapter 42

I fix my midi-length knitted green skirt and white long sleeve crop top one more time whilst checking myself in the mirror. I didn't bother putting much makeup on apart from mascara and lip balm that I always carry with me. I put on my white trainers and grab my bag. 

I check the time on my phone, it's 5:57 pm, Jacob should be here any minute now.

I go to the living room, seeing my mum half lying on the couch watching a movie with my dad that's sitting next to her.

"Hey, honey where are you going?" My mum asks.

"Oh, yeah I forgot to tell you. I'm going out with Jacob to grab something to eat, " I say, sitting on the other couch.

"Oh, just you and Jacob?" My mum raises her eyebrow at me and smiles.

"Yes, just us two, " I say, feeling my cheeks heating up for some reason.

"I never knew you like Jacob that way, " my dad says, smiling softly at me but still looking confused.

"I don't really see him romantically, we're just going out as friends, " I say, seeing the disappointed look on my mum's face.

I swear she wants me to find a boyfriend more than I do.

"Sorry to disappoint you mum, " I say chuckling.

"It's okay honey, I'm sure you'll find someone soon. I just like Jacob, he's a good kid, " she says.

"That he is, " I say, nodding.

"Then why not give it a go?" She asks what I wanted to avoid answering.

"Mum please don't, he's just not for me, " I say before checking my phone to see a text from Jacob, he's here.

"I have to go, " I say, standing up and giving both of them a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay honey, have fun, " my mum says, blowing me a kiss.

"Not too much, " my dad says as usual whenever I go out with boys.

"Chris!" My mum slaps his upper arm lightly, making my dad laugh.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do, while I'm away, I won't be too long, " I say, making them chuckle.

"No promises sweetheart, " my dad says.

Oh, God!

I shake my head, smiling as I walk downstairs. Even soo many years later they still love each other and go at it like rabbits, like when they first got together.

I want a love like that.

"Hey gorgeous, " Jacob says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

He is leaning against the passenger side door holding a small bouquet of roses. He's wearing blue jeans with a green sweatshirt with some black writing on it and a black puffer on top.

"This is for you, " he says, giving me the flowers.

"I thought this wasn't a date, " I say, smiling tightly at him as I grab the flowers.

"Well, I was afraid that you'll say no if I said officially that it's a date, and I just wanted to spend some time with you alone, " he says, shrugging and biting his lip.

"Thank you, their beautiful, " I say.

"Just like you, come on let's go grab a pizza, it's cold outside, " he says, opening the door for me.

"Thank you, " I say as I take my seat and fasten my seatbelt.

We drive by a pizza place and grab our food before driving to a more secluded destination that Jacob planned for this outing which ended up being a beautiful big garden. We hop onto the backseat, and I take off my shoes and jacket as Jacob brought a blanket for us to wrap up in.