Chapter 58

Chloe's P.O.V

I sip on my second coffee of the day and play with the strings of my hoodie to entertain myself as I wait for Felix to come back from the restroom. We decided to grab a quick lunch at the cafeteria of our campus before our lecture starts today. Elise is also supposed to join us at some point, but so far, she's a no-show. 

I look around seeing as there are not that many people here today. Wednesdays are always pretty quiet here on campus.

Fingers snapping in front of my face bring me back to Felix sitting down across me. He always does that to me when I'm lost in my thoughts, and I hate it.

"Glad for you to join me back on earth," he says, smiling before biting into his burrito.

"Yeah, yeah, glad to see you back anyways, so...how was your weekend with Eddie," I lean forward on my elbows, waiting to hear all about their mini-trip.

"It was...good." He hesitantly says. 

I look at him raising an eyebrow, that wasn't the answer I was looking for.

"Just good?"

"Yeah," he says, looking down at the table as he plays with the straw of his drink.

"Felix, did something happen? You don't sound as excited about it as you were before the trip."

Felix was so excited and impatient about the trip; he couldn't stop smiling when he was talking about it and now, he just looks...I don't know kinda down.

"Nothing specifically happened, it's just that I'm not so sure anymore about him, " his answer makes my eyes widen.

"What is that supposed to mean? You know you can talk to me about anything, " I say, leaning back to my chair and tucking at the strings of my hoodie.

"I know, that's why I'm talking to you about it, " he sits forward and lets out a sigh before opening his mouth again.

"The trip didn't go at all as I expected it to. We didn't do anything romantic on the trip, we didn't kiss, we didn't share a bed. We just walked around town, did some light shopping, went to the cinema, grab dinner and just talk either about random things or about our past relationships. At the time I was having a good time but when I really thought about it afterwards, I realise I was more disappointed than happy."

"It doesn't sound that bad to me, to be honest, " I say.

"And it wasn't that bad, it's just that I had higher expectations. I don't know what Eddie really thinks about me or feels for me. He was a bit awkward at the beginning, he relaxed a bit after some time but not fully. I get that this is his first time dating a guy but I'm not sure if Eddie likes me as much as I like him, that's what I'm getting to, " he says, placing his face on his hands.

"I don't want to put pressure on him or rush him into things he's not ready to do, but I haven't taken things this slow before in a relationship, " he grips his hair in frustration.

"Look, I think you need to sit down with him and have an honest conversation. I don't think Eddie is the type of person to play with someone's emotions. He might like you just as much as you like him, but not be very vocal about it or show it as much. Talk to him, he's not going to push you away, " I say the only advice I have.

Communication is very important in any relationship.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll talk to him as soon as I can. I really like him, Chloe, I want things to work between us, " he says, looking outside the window with a small smile on his face.

"I know, I can tell, " I say, chuckling.

"What are you guys talking about?" Elise says finally joining us, taking a seat next to me.