Chapter 57

Ian's P.O.V

Yesterday was amazing, I didn't want it to end. 

We didn't do much after we went back from the dessert restaurant. I finished the painting of her while she took a couple of pictures of me. I was planning on giving the painting to her but ended up keeping it after she insisted I have it as a reminder of the great weekend we had together. Then our evening was spent eating takeout and watching movies before going to bed. 

I really enjoyed living with Chloe and having absolute privacy. I felt so carefree and happy these past two days. Living alone with Chloe sounds like a dream and that's exactly how it will stay for a while. It is something I do want to happen in the future though when our relationship is stable and strong enough and we feel ready to take such a big step, as moving in together is.

What I am ready now for though is facing my parent's anger. Just like the previous time, I won't be backing down, and I'll be speaking my mind, something I wasn't allowed to do for years now. I'm done being a mannequin for my parents to use any way they want based on what they think is best for me and what they want to get through me.

A hand warms up my shoulder as it lays there, shaking me lightly. I turn my head to the side seeing Chloe already standing up and looking at me with worry.

"Are you alright?" She asks, removing her hand.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be, " I say smiling, hoping that it will help calm her down.

"Good, cause we're here, " she grabs her bag and starts moving towards the bus door.

I look around only now realising that the bus isn't moving anymore, and it's stationed 2 minutes away from our apartment complex. I grab my stuff and thank the bus driver on my way out to Chloe.

"Let's go, " I say, wrapping my hand over her shoulders as we walk back to our parent's apartments. 

"This kinda sucks. I wish that we could spend more time together without having to worry about our parents ruining the moment, " she says, chuckling at the end.

"I know but I think is better for us to live separately for now. I mean moving with your partner is a big step and it's something that can make a relationship stronger or break the couple up, " I say, kissing her head.

"Yeah, you're right about that. I wasn't thinking about us moving together, I was just talking more about the privacy part. I think it will be better if one of us at least lived alone, you know what I mean?" She stops once we're outside the complex, turning to look at me.

"Yeah, I get what you mean, we could have privacy whenever we wanted rather than whenever our parents decided to go out for a couple of hours, " I say, tucking her hair behind her ear. 

I'm glad that I and Chloe are on the same page when it comes to this topic. I also like that whenever we talk about the privacy part, we don't mean only sex. We also think about lounging around in the living room watching movies, cooking together whilst listening to music, laying in bed reading books together and having a relaxing bath with light-up candles. 

"Yeah, that's exactly what I mean, but anyway you have something more important to focus on now, " she says as we get in the elevator.

"Yeah, I know, " I press the button to the fifth floor before leaning back on the wall.

"Are you worried at all?" She asks arms crossed over her chest as she sways lightly.

"Not really, if I'm honest. I think I'm used to this by now, so I don't worry too much, " I look at the numbers going up on the light-up indicator.