Chapter 37

I shift uncomfortably on the soft nude colour sofa, feeling awkward being at Elise's birthday party.

I was surprised, to say the least when Chloe informed me that Elise wanted me and the boys to be here. Don't get me wrong Chloe's friends are nice and all, well, most of them are, but I don't view them as my friends. 

Apart from Chloe, the only other person here that I can see myself being friends with is Felix. The other people's company is pleasant but that's about it. For example, I can't see myself randomly texting Alice to go grab a coffee and have a deep conversation with her.

I don't think personality-wise that I click well with any of them. Elise, Alice, Sydney and even Jacob all are more open, loud and outgoing people than me. I'm much more toned down, don't like going to big parties or clubs, and I don't even talk much. 

So, I don't know why Elise invited me, Eddie and Frankie. Maybe she thinks of us as friends or maybe she just likes our company. The only reason why I'm here is that I didn't want to feel like an asshole by declining the offer.

"Hey, are you okay?" Chloe asks me, as she takes a seat right next to me, her knee brushing against mine.

"Yeah, I'm good just wondering where Eddie is, " I say which isn't totally a lie, Eddie is running late.

"Sorry, we're a bit late, happy birthday!" Felix says coming in with Eddie trailing behind him.

"I didn't know those two were hanging out together, " Chloe says, looking at them too.

"Me neither, " I say, my eyebrows furrowing.

After Eddie greeted Elise and the rest, I and Frankie stand up and motioned for him to follow us into the backyard to talk about what is going on with him.

"What's up, guys?" His voice slightly wavers as he speaks.

"What's going on with you and Felix? We didn't know you guys became friends, " Frankie says, standing next to him.

"Oh well yeah, Felix and I hit it off quite well since we met, so we've been in touch. Is that all?" He says, shifting his gaze from Frankie to me.

"I don't know is that all?" I ask, crossing my arms across my chest as I lean back on the wall.

"Why are guys acting like that? Is it that weird for me and Felix to hang out?" He says, rolling his eyes whilst kicking the grass softly with his feet, shoving his hand in the pockets of his jacket.

"No, not at all! It's just weird that you never said anything about it, you never mention Felix before. I mean we didn't even know you guys exchange numbers more so hang out together, " Frankie says, placing his hand on Eddie's shoulder.

"It's just weird that you didn't tell us you became friends with him cause you usually tell us all about the new people you meet. Why was it different this time? " I say, placing one foot on the wall to be more comfortable.

"Cause it's just happened okay! I like his personality, we have good conversations together and he gave me his number and we hang out sometimes. It's not that deep, chill!"

"Wow, we're not attacking you or anything so no need to get defensive! Everything's good, " I say, pushing off the wall and giving his other shoulder that Frankie didn't hold a squeeze.

"Come on, let's go back inside, " I say, nodding towards the door before going back in where everyone else is.

Eddie is acting strange; he has been for some time now. It seems like something is bothering him but for some reason, he doesn't tell us what. Is like he's physically here but his mind is somewhere else, and he gets weirdly defensive without needing to.