Chapter 35

Chloe's P.O.V

"Ah, I'm so done with this! I can't study anymore," Jacob whines as we sit in the library, studying for our final assignments for this semester. 

Holidays came and gone like a flash and now we're back to dreading our lives and second-guessing our decision to enrol in a university. Maybe we should've chosen to do this part-time but oh well, we'll just power through this year.

It's been 2 weeks since we welcome the new year and the only thing, I've done is studying and even more studying. I have 2 assignments for this month, handed in one of them a couple of days ago and now I'm working on the last one that I need to submit next week.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with you, " Felix says, pushing the keyboard away so he could lay his head on the table.

"Me too, " Eddie says, throwing his pen on the table and watching it roll until the edge before dropping to the floor.

"These sucks, " he adds, bending down to grab it.

We organize for all of us to come here today to study, but a few couldn't make it.

Elise's brother came to visit her so she's with him now. Frankie is spending the day with his girlfriend. Alice and Sydney came only for 2 hours and then left saying that they finished, lucky them.

Ian surprisingly is here; I didn't think he'll be able to come. He said that his parents took these two days off so they could go on a mini holiday, locking Ian at home, and saying that if he leaves, they'll be greater consequences.

I didn't want him to come, to be honest. I don't know how far his parents could take things and that worries me.

"I think I'll go, guys, cause I can't anymore we've been here for 5 hours if I sit here for another minute my head will explode, " Jacob says, packing his textbooks and notepad.

"Yeah same, you guys coming?" Eddie says, picking up his stuff and standing up.

"I'll stay for a little while longer I'm almost done, " I say, piercing a piece of chopped banana with my fork, bringing it to my mouth.

"I'll stay too, " Ian says.

He rarely spoke all afternoon so hearing his voice was nice and even nicer is what he said. I'm so glad I won't be left alone in this huge empty library. 

It's currently 8 o'clock and we've been here since 2.

"Suit yourselves, I have to go anyway too. My parents invited me for dinner in half an hour. Bye babes, " Felix says, coming up to me and ruffling my hair.

"Hey!" I say, pulling away and immediately starting to fix my hair, I hate when he does that.

"Are you sure you two will be okay here?" Jacob asks as he watches Eddie and Felix leaving.

"Yeah, of course, we'll be, see you soon Jacob, " I say, chuckling.

Why wouldn't we be, okay?

"See you Chlo, " he leans down and kisses my head before throwing a glance at Ian, nodding at him before leaving.

"And now it's just the two of us, " I say, smiling at him.

"Yeah, I much prefer this not going to lie, " he says, sliding his chair closer to me.

"You dislike them so much huh?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

"Nah, it's not that. I actually really like Felix and I mean Eddie is my best friend, so that's a given. It's just that is going to be so much quieter now and I was getting a headache hearing Jacob complaining constantly, " he says, smirking before sliding back to his table.