Chapter 32

I glide the red lipstick across my lips before cleaning the edges, making sure it looks good and proceed to the next step which is mascara. I quickly put a layer on making sure it doesn't look too clumpy. I clip on my mini gold hoop earrings and spray perfume on my wrist and behind my ear. 

Once I'm done, I leave my bathroom and go to check my outfit in the full-length mirror and nod in approval.

I had put on a pair of blue straight leg denim jeans, a white knitted jumper and my white trainers. I fix the roll neck of the jumper and check the time on my phone.

Shit! I need to go.

Elise has been waiting for me for 10 minutes. I quickly throw on my white faux leather coat and grab my bag.

"Are you going, honey?" My mum asks me from the couch.

She and dad are watching another Christmas film together whilst drinking wine.

"Yeah, I'll probably be back by eleven, " I say, grabbing my keys from the side table and throwing them in my bag.

"Okay sweetheart have fun!" my dad says.

I blow them a kiss before leaving.

It doesn't take us long to arrive at Felix's place and everyone is already there.

"Hey guys, Merry Christmas!" Elise yells, rushing to hug everyone whilst I remove my jacket and follow after her.

"Merry Christmas!" I say to them as well before sitting down to eat.

Felix is good at cooking, so he made a couple of things and Sydney's mum also made a chocolate cake for us and it looks delicious, all the food does.

As we eat and talk and laugh, I found myself thinking about Ian.

It feels like something is missing from tonight. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be spending my time with my friends and it's fun but, I still miss Ian's presence. We spend so much time together lately, that it feels odd if I don't see him even for a day.

"Earth to Chloe, " Jacob says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, what?" I look at him and then everyone else, laughing silently at my daydreaming state.

"Fuck off guys, I'm here okay!" I say, defending myself before laughing as well.

"So, Felix any new amore?" Alice asks, wiggling her eyebrows at him.

"Well, not exactly, " he says, looking down on the table.

"Excuse me, why didn't I know about your new flirt?" I ask, weirder out because Felix always talks about who he's seeing and flirting with to me.

"I didn't tell you because it's fresh and it's with someone you wouldn't expect to see me with so, I'm keeping it a secret for now and I'll tell you when we figure things out."

My jaw is on the floor by the time he finishes his sentence, making me even more curious to know now who the hell is the other person?

"Oh, come on! Are you really going to leave us hanging over here? " Elise whines.

"Yes, I will leave you hanging babes, " he says smiling, looking very pleased with the situation.

"Ah, " Alice groans.

"What a tease, " Sydney says, shaking her head and continuing to sip on her white wine.

"Should we exchange gifts now that we're done eating the main course? " Jacob asks, already going to grab the gift he brought.