Mr. Rank 2: The Deal

Everybody in their year knows that Kim Seokjin is a Chemistry ace, always getting the top 1 spot since freshman year but it all changed when Jeon Jungkook, Seokjin's sworn enemy, came. Will one bet change everything? Or will a misunderstanding wreak havoc on a budding friendship?

Seokjin tapped his fingers against his desk. "I reviewed everything. I'm sure I'll get a perfect mark," he thought as he bit his bottom lip anxiously. He glanced at Jungkook who was seated two seats away from him only to find him smirking. Seokjin gave him a glare and faced forward.

"The one who received the highest mark is Jungkook. Please get your paper." Mrs. Song's voice and the applause and cheers fell deaf on Seokjin's ears as he felt his world shattering.

"Next person who got the highest mark is Seokjin." Seokjin didn't pay attention to his classmates' praises. All he had in mind was the one mistake he made in the test. His blood boiled as he sat back on his seat, eyes staring at the wrong spelling written on the blank. He felt a pair of eyes on him. He glanced at a grinning Jungkook  who mouthed the word "deal". Seokjin scoffed. It's going to be a very long day.

~~~

"Why am I sitting here with you?" Seokjin crossed his arms as he watched Jungkook took a sip of his banana milk, doe eyes twinkling at the sight of an annoyed Seokjin.

"Because you lost the deal, Mr. Rank 2." Jungkook couldn't help but tease the latter who was probably thinking of hundreds of ways to hack him but seeing Seokjin's cute glare was worth it. The two were sitting in front of each other inside the school cafeteria during lunch. Neither of them cared about the stolen pictures and murmurs of the other students.

"Is the world ending?" Hoseok whispered to Namjoon who sat beside him. "It's the first time in history that those two shared a table together. It's like same poles of two magnets attracting each other instead of repelling." Namjoon just smiled while looking at the two.

"Oh right. I just wanna inform you that Mrs. Song can't meet with us today. They have a faculty meeting," Jungkook said while chewing his food.

"That's fine. Let's just study on our own, see which parts we don't understand," Seokjin replied as he picked the garlic bits away from the meat. Jungkook's silence greeted him. He raised his head to face the latter who was staring intently.

"What?"

"Wow. Are you asking me out on a library date? I can't believe Mr. Rank-" Jungkook didn't get to finish when Seokjin shove a piece of dumpling in his mouth.

"Shut up and eat your food," Seokjin rolled his eyes and went back eating.

~~~

"Seokjin. Jin. Jinnie. Baby-"

"What?" Seokjin hissed lowly at Jungkook who was lying his head on the table while rummaging Seokjin's pencil case.

"I am bored."

"Hello, bored. I am Seokjin and I'm busy studying. Now leave me alone," Seokjin grumbled as he tried to ignore Jungkook.

"Jinnie, Jinjin, Ji-"

"Shut it!" Seokjin realized he had said it louder than intended. He bowed apologetically at everyone especially the librarian. He looked at Jungkook sternly but the male beside him only gave him a bunny grin.

"Let's go somewhere fun," Jungkook said.

"No. We are supposed to be studying."

"But I want to. We had a deal, Jinnie." Seokjin had enough of Jungkook's antics. To save his sanity (and maintain peace and quietness in the library), Seokjin fixed his things and dragged a smiling Jungkook outside  the room.